Blog: Sir Alex Ferguson - a wine merchant?
Chris Mercer | 26 April 2010
Vaunted manager of Manchester United Football Club, Sir Alex Ferguson, may be planning to set up a wine import business when he retires.
More football fans might associate Sir Alex with being a 'wine-d up' merchant with referees and rival managers alike, but his passion for the grape is often cited in the football and media world.
Now, it seems the Scot is planning to enter the wine business when (or, if) he hangs up his managerial boots.
Let's ignore the fact that this information is based on a report in tabloid newspaper News of the World, whose only source for the story is an unnamed "pal".
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits