Blog: Sign that wine
Chris Brook-Carter | 30 March 2004
You heard it here first – the 21st century investment vehicle of choice will be wine. And an easy way to make yet more money from the grape juice? Put your signature on the label. Just make sure you’re young, famous and beautiful.
A bottle of Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley Vineyards in the US found its way into a cast party for the popular US comedy Friends late last year. All six Friends autographed the bottle, then it was promptly returned to the makers.
The signed bottle now takes pride of place in the winery’s tasting room, and is apparently more popular with visitors than a photograph of former President Clinton holding a large bottle of the winemaker’s Pinot Noir.
Ebay members – keep your eyes peeled.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Brewers v Distillers in Nutrition Control Battle
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly