Blog: Sign that wine
Chris Brook-Carter | 30 March 2004
You heard it here first – the 21st century investment vehicle of choice will be wine. And an easy way to make yet more money from the grape juice? Put your signature on the label. Just make sure you’re young, famous and beautiful.
A bottle of Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley Vineyards in the US found its way into a cast party for the popular US comedy Friends late last year. All six Friends autographed the bottle, then it was promptly returned to the makers.
The signed bottle now takes pride of place in the winery’s tasting room, and is apparently more popular with visitors than a photograph of former President Clinton holding a large bottle of the winemaker’s Pinot Noir.
Ebay members – keep your eyes peeled.
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research