Blog: Sign that wine
Chris Brook-Carter | 30 March 2004
You heard it here first – the 21st century investment vehicle of choice will be wine. And an easy way to make yet more money from the grape juice? Put your signature on the label. Just make sure you’re young, famous and beautiful.
A bottle of Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley Vineyards in the US found its way into a cast party for the popular US comedy Friends late last year. All six Friends autographed the bottle, then it was promptly returned to the makers.
The signed bottle now takes pride of place in the winery’s tasting room, and is apparently more popular with visitors than a photograph of former President Clinton holding a large bottle of the winemaker’s Pinot Noir.
Ebay members – keep your eyes peeled.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends