Blog: Sign that wine
Chris Brook-Carter | 30 March 2004
You heard it here first – the 21st century investment vehicle of choice will be wine. And an easy way to make yet more money from the grape juice? Put your signature on the label. Just make sure you’re young, famous and beautiful.
A bottle of Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley Vineyards in the US found its way into a cast party for the popular US comedy Friends late last year. All six Friends autographed the bottle, then it was promptly returned to the makers.
The signed bottle now takes pride of place in the winery’s tasting room, and is apparently more popular with visitors than a photograph of former President Clinton holding a large bottle of the winemaker’s Pinot Noir.
Ebay members – keep your eyes peeled.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research