Blog: Sign that wine
Chris Brook-Carter | 30 March 2004
You heard it here first – the 21st century investment vehicle of choice will be wine. And an easy way to make yet more money from the grape juice? Put your signature on the label. Just make sure you’re young, famous and beautiful.
A bottle of Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley Vineyards in the US found its way into a cast party for the popular US comedy Friends late last year. All six Friends autographed the bottle, then it was promptly returned to the makers.
The signed bottle now takes pride of place in the winery’s tasting room, and is apparently more popular with visitors than a photograph of former President Clinton holding a large bottle of the winemaker’s Pinot Noir.
Ebay members – keep your eyes peeled.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits