Blog: Sidel wants you to see the light(weight bottles)
Andy Morton | 2 December 2014
PET bottle maker Sidel has created a cost calculator that claims to show how much money a beverage company can save by switching to less heavy packaging.
It's clearly a marketing gimmick, but it does highlight the benefits of trimming margins. According to Sidel, if customers switched to its Sidel StarLite format, they could save on average EUR0.004 per bottle. Doesn't sound like much, but if you multiply that over the global industry, then it amounts to EUR1.3bn in savings.
Click here to access the calculator.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
The Coca-Cola Co has added two new juice variants to its Simply portfolio in the US....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends