Blog: She's drinking WHAT?!
Olly Wehring | 12 January 2006
Stay off the Stella and stick with Stoli – that seems to be the message from style gurus in the UK.
A new survey from liqueur brand De Kuyper has found that, when on a date, two-thirds of the UK population will make a judgement about their companion for the evening based on what they choose at the bar.
And that’s not all; a majority of these people (62%) are also prepared to raise a glass of something they wouldn’t normally drink simply to impress. Cocktails (38%) and a glass of fine wine (39%) come out top as the drinks to be seen with; it’s probably safe to assume that a pint of bitter or a Babycham didn’t figure too highly.
So, you’re on a date and what your companion drinks is just as an important factor in whether things progress as physical attraction or - God forbid - something as inconsequential as someone’s personality.
Shallow and small minded? I’d say so. But maybe I’m wrong because, according to (it gets worse) the country’s relationship psychologists, you are what you drink.
“It’s not only your clothes or hairstyle that give out clues about what kind of person you are,” says relationship shrink Mo Shapiro. “Your choice of drink is also a comment about your personality.” Thanks Mo. I like Guinness, so what does that make me?
And, tragically, it seems that some are using clothes and hairstyle in conjunction with the drink they choose. The survey goes on to say that more people in London than anywhere else in the UK match the cocktail they drink to an outfit they wear.
I ask you.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Brewers v Distillers in Nutrition Control Battle
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly