Blog: Selling alcohol is "legitimate", MPs conclude. Phew!
James Wilmore | 19 July 2012
Drinks producers in the UK won't have had much to cheer in today's MP-led report on alcohol. But they can breathe a sigh of relief in one respect.
Among their conclusions, MPs noted: "The business of supplying alcoholic products is an entirely legitimate business."
An obvious point. But lest we forget, for a 13-year period last century in the 'Land of the Free', it was anything but a "legitimate business", as this short video neatly reminds us.
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review