Blog: Scottish & Newcastle - fare thee well
Olly Wehring | 31 March 2008
And so, we bid adieu to Scottish & Newcastle. The UK-based brewer's shareholders have today (31 March) backed Carlsberg and Heineken's takeover bid. marking the end, not only of the protracted acquisition battle, but also of the UK's largest brewer and one of Scotland's oldest independent companies.
While it's likely that only the names will change and the faces stay the same, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the folk at S&N that I've had contact with in the last four years. Indeed, one of my first interview assignments since joining just-drinks in 2003 was with Tony Froggatt, then CEO at the brewer, so I've always followed the goings-on at the company with great interest.
All of us here at just-drinks wish all of you there at S&N all the best for the future.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research