Blog: Scotch image and innovation - Part II
Olly Wehring | 30 October 2007
just-drinks is back off to Scotland tomorrow for the second meeting of the World Whiskies Conference’s working party on Scotch whisky image and innovation.
It should be a fascinating day as we will be joined by a broader spectrum of delegates than last time, including representatives from Chivas Brothers, the Scotch Whisky Association, Field Packaging, Highland Distillers and, via a video link-up, the Liquor Control Board of Ontario – one of the single largest customers of Scotch anywhere in the world.
The aims of this second meeting are to review and debate the outcomes from the first group session, which just-drinks was present at last month, and to refine and develop some conclusions about how to move the category forward.
It will be interesting to see if such a broad base of stakeholders can agree on any such conclusions as there is bound to be a wide spectrum of views on offer about where the industry is at present, let alone how it must proceed in the future.
There were some pretty far-reaching topics discussed at the last meeting (these are still under wraps for the time being) so I am expecting a lively debate.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row