Blog: Scotch image and innovation - Part II
Olly Wehring | 30 October 2007
just-drinks is back off to Scotland tomorrow for the second meeting of the World Whiskies Conference’s working party on Scotch whisky image and innovation.
It should be a fascinating day as we will be joined by a broader spectrum of delegates than last time, including representatives from Chivas Brothers, the Scotch Whisky Association, Field Packaging, Highland Distillers and, via a video link-up, the Liquor Control Board of Ontario – one of the single largest customers of Scotch anywhere in the world.
The aims of this second meeting are to review and debate the outcomes from the first group session, which just-drinks was present at last month, and to refine and develop some conclusions about how to move the category forward.
It will be interesting to see if such a broad base of stakeholders can agree on any such conclusions as there is bound to be a wide spectrum of views on offer about where the industry is at present, let alone how it must proceed in the future.
There were some pretty far-reaching topics discussed at the last meeting (these are still under wraps for the time being) so I am expecting a lively debate.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends