Blog: Scotch image and innovation - Part II
Olly Wehring | 30 October 2007
just-drinks is back off to Scotland tomorrow for the second meeting of the World Whiskies Conference’s working party on Scotch whisky image and innovation.
It should be a fascinating day as we will be joined by a broader spectrum of delegates than last time, including representatives from Chivas Brothers, the Scotch Whisky Association, Field Packaging, Highland Distillers and, via a video link-up, the Liquor Control Board of Ontario – one of the single largest customers of Scotch anywhere in the world.
The aims of this second meeting are to review and debate the outcomes from the first group session, which just-drinks was present at last month, and to refine and develop some conclusions about how to move the category forward.
It will be interesting to see if such a broad base of stakeholders can agree on any such conclusions as there is bound to be a wide spectrum of views on offer about where the industry is at present, let alone how it must proceed in the future.
There were some pretty far-reaching topics discussed at the last meeting (these are still under wraps for the time being) so I am expecting a lively debate.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends