Blog: Schuma-cola opportunity
Chris Brook-Carter | 31 March 2004
As rumours of a mid-carb cola battle circulate in the US, a perfect advertising opportunity for Coke, Pepsi et al has landed on their collective laps. But they will have to move fast.
At this weekend’s Grand Prix in Bahrain, the top three drivers will not be permitted to soak each other in Champagne, for fear this would offend Islamic sensibilities.
Organisers are preparing non-alcoholic drinks for the drivers to spray instead.
Michael Schumacher soaked in cola? Many would pay good money to see that.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends