Blog: Schuma-cola opportunity
Chris Brook-Carter | 31 March 2004
As rumours of a mid-carb cola battle circulate in the US, a perfect advertising opportunity for Coke, Pepsi et al has landed on their collective laps. But they will have to move fast.
At this weekend’s Grand Prix in Bahrain, the top three drivers will not be permitted to soak each other in Champagne, for fear this would offend Islamic sensibilities.
Organisers are preparing non-alcoholic drinks for the drivers to spray instead.
Michael Schumacher soaked in cola? Many would pay good money to see that.
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director