Blog: Sammy Davis Jnr, Bill Murray offer Suntory ad heritage
James Wilmore | 14 January 2014
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
I, for one, hope the Japanese firm can summon up a bit of its creative spirit from yesteryear and translate this across the Pacific Ocean. This mind-boggingly odd, yet wonderful Suntory ad from 1974, featuring Sammy Davis Jnr, is the kind of thing I'm thinking of:
But also, who could forget Bill Murray's fictional ad for Suntory in the 2003 movie Lost in Translation?
Think on ad bods. Think on.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Pernod Ricard is set to release a limited edition flavoured extension to its Kahlua rum and coffee liqueur brand in the US....
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Phillips Distilling Co has added a new flavour to its UV Vodka range, Ruby Red Grapefruit....
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research