Blog: Sammy Davis Jnr, Bill Murray offer Suntory ad heritage
James Wilmore | 14 January 2014
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
I, for one, hope the Japanese firm can summon up a bit of its creative spirit from yesteryear and translate this across the Pacific Ocean. This mind-boggingly odd, yet wonderful Suntory ad from 1974, featuring Sammy Davis Jnr, is the kind of thing I'm thinking of:
But also, who could forget Bill Murray's fictional ad for Suntory in the 2003 movie Lost in Translation?
Think on ad bods. Think on.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
Yesterday, Diageo reported a lift in full-year net profits on flat sales and dipping volumes. Here just-drinks takes a look at the performance of the group's brands:...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research