Blog: Sammy Davis Jnr, Bill Murray offer Suntory ad heritage
James Wilmore | 14 January 2014
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
I, for one, hope the Japanese firm can summon up a bit of its creative spirit from yesteryear and translate this across the Pacific Ocean. This mind-boggingly odd, yet wonderful Suntory ad from 1974, featuring Sammy Davis Jnr, is the kind of thing I'm thinking of:
But also, who could forget Bill Murray's fictional ad for Suntory in the 2003 movie Lost in Translation?
Think on ad bods. Think on.
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks