Blog: Sake so-and-so
Olly Wehring | 7 March 2007
Some of you will remember my plea of ignorance last month, when it came to the eastern drinks of sake and shochu. Well, last night, my blindness was cured, with a sake tasting at Saki Bar & Food Emporium in London.
Highlight of the evening was a rather good, low-alcohol sparkling version of sake, called Marumoto Hô Hô Shu, from Okayama - tasted like Champagne with the extra kudos of being Japanese (no offence Champenois). Some of you will also remember my comments about how sake can creep up on you, making its effects known when you stand up. Well, as I left the bar, I got hopelessly lost trying to find the nearest underground station and I tripped over some roadworks.
Not sure I can blame the sake this time, more my cackhanded lack of coordination.
Incidentally, quote of the night, and I do not draw stereotypical conclusions from this, came from the Japanese organiser of the event: “We’ll start proceedings in 30 seconds.”
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research