Blog: Sake so-and-so
Olly Wehring | 7 March 2007
Some of you will remember my plea of ignorance last month, when it came to the eastern drinks of sake and shochu. Well, last night, my blindness was cured, with a sake tasting at Saki Bar & Food Emporium in London.
Highlight of the evening was a rather good, low-alcohol sparkling version of sake, called Marumoto Hô Hô Shu, from Okayama - tasted like Champagne with the extra kudos of being Japanese (no offence Champenois). Some of you will also remember my comments about how sake can creep up on you, making its effects known when you stand up. Well, as I left the bar, I got hopelessly lost trying to find the nearest underground station and I tripped over some roadworks.
Not sure I can blame the sake this time, more my cackhanded lack of coordination.
Incidentally, quote of the night, and I do not draw stereotypical conclusions from this, came from the Japanese organiser of the event: “We’ll start proceedings in 30 seconds.”
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report