Blog: SABMiller's last word
Andy Morton | 10 October 2016
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussels time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions.
There has been plenty of noise during the 13 months it has taken to create the giant new entity, but as the end nears it all seems strangely quiet: An odd way to say goodbye to a historic beverage company that brought us some of the most well-known beer brands. So, to mark the occasion in a correspondingly downbeat tone, here is SABMiller's last ever tweet.
(And, a timely reminder, you can read just-drinks' eulogy to the company here.)
Farewell, then, SAB.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Brand Finance released its lists of the most valuable beer and spirits brands, globally. Here's the top 25 beer brands....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
The UK arm of Heineken has confirmed to just-drinks that Tesco has pulled a swathe of its beer and cider SKUs from stores across the country....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Travel Retail model "not sustainable" - Pernod CEO
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts