Blog: SABMiller's last word
Andy Morton | 10 October 2016
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussels time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions.
There has been plenty of noise during the 13 months it has taken to create the giant new entity, but as the end nears it all seems strangely quiet: An odd way to say goodbye to a historic beverage company that brought us some of the most well-known beer brands. So, to mark the occasion in a correspondingly downbeat tone, here is SABMiller's last ever tweet.
(And, a timely reminder, you can read just-drinks' eulogy to the company here.)
Farewell, then, SAB.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Coca-Cola Amatil has launched a summer marketing campaign for bottled water brand Mount Franklin....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Beam Suntory to invest US$1bn in Bourbon
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends