Blog: Running - and drinking - for Alan Lodge
Olly Wehring | 26 July 2013
The Ardbeg Islay Half Marathon takes place next weekend, and just-drinks will be on the start line.
Along with a gaggle of my peers, I'll be running 13.1 miles on the Scottish island of Islay on Saturday 3 August.
Whilst I will be doing this - in part - for the sake of my health – I shall mainly be running – and afterwards, drinking Ardbeg - in memory of Alan Lodge.
I knew Alan for just over three years, during which time he wrote for The Drinks Business here in the UK. Alan was all set to move across to sister publication The Spirits Business when, in February last year he suffered a brain haemorrhage and passed away.
Alan was 29.
So, along with Lucy Britner and Hamish Smith from Drinks International, Chris Losh and Laura Foster from Imbibe, Joel Harrison from caskstrength.com, Sandrae Sharpen from Cocktail Lovers, Richard Siddle from Harpers, Marcin Miller from Quercus Communications, freelance writer Richard Woodard and Becky Paskin from The Spirits Business, I'll be raising funds for the National Brain Appeal.
If you'd like to make a donation in honour of Alan, you can do so here.
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
After yesterday's introduction to Chile, today was all about Concha y Toro – that's to be expected, seeing as they invited me here....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets