Blog: Rockstar Energy? Not over here, matey
Olly Wehring | 6 May 2009
The father of the founder of Rockstar Energy drink has been banned from entering the UK, because of his right-wing views, it emerged this week.
Michael Weiner, who is better known as radio talk show host Michael Savage, has been added to the UK government's list of individuals likely to foster extremism or hatred and so banned from entering the UK.
Weiner's son, Russell, is the founder and CEO of Rockstar Energy drink. His wife, Janet, is Rockstar's CFO. Some reports name Weiner senior himself as a co-founder of the energy drink brand, although these have not been officially confirmed.
Michael Weiner, who has used his radio show to attack homosexuality and Muslims, takes his place on the UK list alongside an assortment of crackpots from around the world, from Russian ultra-nationalists to extremist Islamic and Christian preachers.
Neither Weiner's son nor his wife have been refused entry to the UK, according to UK Government records.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research