Blog: Rockstar Energy? Not over here, matey
Olly Wehring | 6 May 2009
The father of the founder of Rockstar Energy drink has been banned from entering the UK, because of his right-wing views, it emerged this week.
Michael Weiner, who is better known as radio talk show host Michael Savage, has been added to the UK government's list of individuals likely to foster extremism or hatred and so banned from entering the UK.
Weiner's son, Russell, is the founder and CEO of Rockstar Energy drink. His wife, Janet, is Rockstar's CFO. Some reports name Weiner senior himself as a co-founder of the energy drink brand, although these have not been officially confirmed.
Michael Weiner, who has used his radio show to attack homosexuality and Muslims, takes his place on the UK list alongside an assortment of crackpots from around the world, from Russian ultra-nationalists to extremist Islamic and Christian preachers.
Neither Weiner's son nor his wife have been refused entry to the UK, according to UK Government records.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends