Blog: Rockstar Energy? Not over here, matey
Olly Wehring | 6 May 2009
The father of the founder of Rockstar Energy drink has been banned from entering the UK, because of his right-wing views, it emerged this week.
Michael Weiner, who is better known as radio talk show host Michael Savage, has been added to the UK government's list of individuals likely to foster extremism or hatred and so banned from entering the UK.
Weiner's son, Russell, is the founder and CEO of Rockstar Energy drink. His wife, Janet, is Rockstar's CFO. Some reports name Weiner senior himself as a co-founder of the energy drink brand, although these have not been officially confirmed.
Michael Weiner, who has used his radio show to attack homosexuality and Muslims, takes his place on the UK list alongside an assortment of crackpots from around the world, from Russian ultra-nationalists to extremist Islamic and Christian preachers.
Neither Weiner's son nor his wife have been refused entry to the UK, according to UK Government records.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends