Blog: Richard & Judy - unlikely wine connoisseurs?
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 October 2004
Wine is on its way to the masses in the UK – finally.
Television couple Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, presenters of a magazine show every weekday afternoon, are to launch a wine club in the run-up to Christmas.
Viewers will be able to purchase wine from the show’s Channel 4 website.
Considering the type of viewers Richard and Judy attract, prepare yourselves for the extension of wine-related children’s names in the next year or two, from Chardonnay (currently a popular girl’s name) to Merlot (surely a wizard name for a baby boy?).
To see the wine club in all its glory, visit: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/R/richardandjudy/wine_club/wine_club.html
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends