Blog: Richard & Judy - unlikely wine connoisseurs?
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 October 2004
Wine is on its way to the masses in the UK – finally.
Television couple Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, presenters of a magazine show every weekday afternoon, are to launch a wine club in the run-up to Christmas.
Viewers will be able to purchase wine from the show’s Channel 4 website.
Considering the type of viewers Richard and Judy attract, prepare yourselves for the extension of wine-related children’s names in the next year or two, from Chardonnay (currently a popular girl’s name) to Merlot (surely a wizard name for a baby boy?).
To see the wine club in all its glory, visit: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/R/richardandjudy/wine_club/wine_club.html
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends