Blog: Richard & Judy - unlikely wine connoisseurs?
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 October 2004
Wine is on its way to the masses in the UK – finally.
Television couple Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, presenters of a magazine show every weekday afternoon, are to launch a wine club in the run-up to Christmas.
Viewers will be able to purchase wine from the show’s Channel 4 website.
Considering the type of viewers Richard and Judy attract, prepare yourselves for the extension of wine-related children’s names in the next year or two, from Chardonnay (currently a popular girl’s name) to Merlot (surely a wizard name for a baby boy?).
To see the wine club in all its glory, visit: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/R/richardandjudy/wine_club/wine_club.html
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends