Blog: Relax, ladies. He's married
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 September 2004
The heartiest of congratulations must go to just-drinks’ esteemed managing editor, Chris Brook-Carter and his new wife Abby. The couple tied the knot on Saturday.
Having worked in the drinks industry for almost five years, it goes without saying that the quality of booze at Chris’s wedding reception was only the best. In fact, it’s a wonder that Chris didn’t approach any of you lot to see if you’d have liked to sponsor the event.
So, the quality was acceptable, but the quantity? The poor lad had to send out for more Champagne for the toasts after guests drained their glasses prior to lunch. At a cool £500, Chris looked really quite pale for most of the afternoon.
Serves him right for buying good stuff.
Chris Brook-Carter is away.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- Will Craft Brewers be Tempted by Private Equity?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo unveils sixth Johnnie Walker House in Asia