Blog: Relax, ladies. He's married
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 September 2004
The heartiest of congratulations must go to just-drinks’ esteemed managing editor, Chris Brook-Carter and his new wife Abby. The couple tied the knot on Saturday.
Having worked in the drinks industry for almost five years, it goes without saying that the quality of booze at Chris’s wedding reception was only the best. In fact, it’s a wonder that Chris didn’t approach any of you lot to see if you’d have liked to sponsor the event.
So, the quality was acceptable, but the quantity? The poor lad had to send out for more Champagne for the toasts after guests drained their glasses prior to lunch. At a cool £500, Chris looked really quite pale for most of the afternoon.
Serves him right for buying good stuff.
Chris Brook-Carter is away.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard to shut down Morris Winery
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview