Blog: Relax, ladies. He's married
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 September 2004
The heartiest of congratulations must go to just-drinks’ esteemed managing editor, Chris Brook-Carter and his new wife Abby. The couple tied the knot on Saturday.
Having worked in the drinks industry for almost five years, it goes without saying that the quality of booze at Chris’s wedding reception was only the best. In fact, it’s a wonder that Chris didn’t approach any of you lot to see if you’d have liked to sponsor the event.
So, the quality was acceptable, but the quantity? The poor lad had to send out for more Champagne for the toasts after guests drained their glasses prior to lunch. At a cool £500, Chris looked really quite pale for most of the afternoon.
Serves him right for buying good stuff.
Chris Brook-Carter is away.
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director