Blog: Relax, ladies. He's married
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 September 2004
The heartiest of congratulations must go to just-drinks’ esteemed managing editor, Chris Brook-Carter and his new wife Abby. The couple tied the knot on Saturday.
Having worked in the drinks industry for almost five years, it goes without saying that the quality of booze at Chris’s wedding reception was only the best. In fact, it’s a wonder that Chris didn’t approach any of you lot to see if you’d have liked to sponsor the event.
So, the quality was acceptable, but the quantity? The poor lad had to send out for more Champagne for the toasts after guests drained their glasses prior to lunch. At a cool £500, Chris looked really quite pale for most of the afternoon.
Serves him right for buying good stuff.
Chris Brook-Carter is away.
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman