Blog: Relax, ladies. He's married
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 September 2004
The heartiest of congratulations must go to just-drinks’ esteemed managing editor, Chris Brook-Carter and his new wife Abby. The couple tied the knot on Saturday.
Having worked in the drinks industry for almost five years, it goes without saying that the quality of booze at Chris’s wedding reception was only the best. In fact, it’s a wonder that Chris didn’t approach any of you lot to see if you’d have liked to sponsor the event.
So, the quality was acceptable, but the quantity? The poor lad had to send out for more Champagne for the toasts after guests drained their glasses prior to lunch. At a cool £500, Chris looked really quite pale for most of the afternoon.
Serves him right for buying good stuff.
Chris Brook-Carter is away.
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- Diageo silent on United Spirits inspection
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review