Blog: Red Bull given an early Bath
Olly Wehring | 25 January 2007
Students at Bath University are being advised to resist the lures of a drink that could interrogate their minds. Only this time it is non-alcoholic for once.
Red Bull has been singled out for its campus promotion because the cans it has been handing out give tips on how to cheat in their exams.
According to the Bath Chronicle, Red Bull attached a slip of paper to each can, saying: “If you’ve got a long day and an even longer night ahead, here are some wiiings to help it fly by. But... if you didn’t come to university to sit in the library and hang out with books all day and night then pack them away and go and have a good time. Just write the most important points on the back of this pull-out, take it to your exam under the bottom of a Red Bull can, then, take a sip and a sneaky peak.”
Red Bull said the promotion was run “to make you smile”, but the newspaper found one student who failed to see the funny side of it. “This undermines the integrity of students and the whole exam procedure,” he told the paper.
I am sure this voice does not represent the majority of students in the UK. If it does, then the Austrian energy drinks manufacturer should remove the taurine, adopt an all-grey can and rename itself Red Dull.
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- PepsiCo appoints W Europe, S Africa Tropicana GM