Blog: Red Bull given an early Bath
Olly Wehring | 25 January 2007
Students at Bath University are being advised to resist the lures of a drink that could interrogate their minds. Only this time it is non-alcoholic for once.
Red Bull has been singled out for its campus promotion because the cans it has been handing out give tips on how to cheat in their exams.
According to the Bath Chronicle, Red Bull attached a slip of paper to each can, saying: “If you’ve got a long day and an even longer night ahead, here are some wiiings to help it fly by. But... if you didn’t come to university to sit in the library and hang out with books all day and night then pack them away and go and have a good time. Just write the most important points on the back of this pull-out, take it to your exam under the bottom of a Red Bull can, then, take a sip and a sneaky peak.”
Red Bull said the promotion was run “to make you smile”, but the newspaper found one student who failed to see the funny side of it. “This undermines the integrity of students and the whole exam procedure,” he told the paper.
I am sure this voice does not represent the majority of students in the UK. If it does, then the Austrian energy drinks manufacturer should remove the taurine, adopt an all-grey can and rename itself Red Dull.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report