Blog: Red Bull given an early Bath
Olly Wehring | 25 January 2007
Students at Bath University are being advised to resist the lures of a drink that could interrogate their minds. Only this time it is non-alcoholic for once.
Red Bull has been singled out for its campus promotion because the cans it has been handing out give tips on how to cheat in their exams.
According to the Bath Chronicle, Red Bull attached a slip of paper to each can, saying: “If you’ve got a long day and an even longer night ahead, here are some wiiings to help it fly by. But... if you didn’t come to university to sit in the library and hang out with books all day and night then pack them away and go and have a good time. Just write the most important points on the back of this pull-out, take it to your exam under the bottom of a Red Bull can, then, take a sip and a sneaky peak.”
Red Bull said the promotion was run “to make you smile”, but the newspaper found one student who failed to see the funny side of it. “This undermines the integrity of students and the whole exam procedure,” he told the paper.
I am sure this voice does not represent the majority of students in the UK. If it does, then the Austrian energy drinks manufacturer should remove the taurine, adopt an all-grey can and rename itself Red Dull.
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets