Blog: Red Bull given an early Bath
Olly Wehring | 25 January 2007
Students at Bath University are being advised to resist the lures of a drink that could interrogate their minds. Only this time it is non-alcoholic for once.
Red Bull has been singled out for its campus promotion because the cans it has been handing out give tips on how to cheat in their exams.
According to the Bath Chronicle, Red Bull attached a slip of paper to each can, saying: “If you’ve got a long day and an even longer night ahead, here are some wiiings to help it fly by. But... if you didn’t come to university to sit in the library and hang out with books all day and night then pack them away and go and have a good time. Just write the most important points on the back of this pull-out, take it to your exam under the bottom of a Red Bull can, then, take a sip and a sneaky peak.”
Red Bull said the promotion was run “to make you smile”, but the newspaper found one student who failed to see the funny side of it. “This undermines the integrity of students and the whole exam procedure,” he told the paper.
I am sure this voice does not represent the majority of students in the UK. If it does, then the Austrian energy drinks manufacturer should remove the taurine, adopt an all-grey can and rename itself Red Dull.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends