Blog: Reasons to love this job, 1, 2, 3 ...
Olly Wehring | 18 September 2008
For so many reasons, I love this job. This chair I'm sitting in right now, for example, is everso comfortable. And don't get me started on the strip-lighting.
But beating most of these reasons is that the travel associated with this job is mighty fine (he says while packing to head to South Africa this afternoon).
So, I was interested to read earlier this week of a 'Top Ten' of wine destinations around the world, according to the editors of consumer website TripAdvisor and traveller popularity. I can't really brag, but I can tick off four that I've visited. This time tomorrow, it'll be five. Oh yes.
10. Marlborough, New Zealand
9. Stellenbosch, South Africa
8. Valle Central, Chile
7. Sonoma Valley, California
6. La Rioja, Spain
5. Barossa Valley, Australia
4. Champagne-Ardenne, France
3. Tuscany, Italy
2. Napa Valley, California
1. Bordeaux, France
If you ask me - and it is my blog, so you must be - some folk are missing a trick if they haven't discovered Salta and Mendoza in Argentina, The Douro Valley in Portugal, and Mendocino in California.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World