Blog: Reasons to love this job, 1, 2, 3 ...
Olly Wehring | 18 September 2008
For so many reasons, I love this job. This chair I'm sitting in right now, for example, is everso comfortable. And don't get me started on the strip-lighting.
But beating most of these reasons is that the travel associated with this job is mighty fine (he says while packing to head to South Africa this afternoon).
So, I was interested to read earlier this week of a 'Top Ten' of wine destinations around the world, according to the editors of consumer website TripAdvisor and traveller popularity. I can't really brag, but I can tick off four that I've visited. This time tomorrow, it'll be five. Oh yes.
10. Marlborough, New Zealand
9. Stellenbosch, South Africa
8. Valle Central, Chile
7. Sonoma Valley, California
6. La Rioja, Spain
5. Barossa Valley, Australia
4. Champagne-Ardenne, France
3. Tuscany, Italy
2. Napa Valley, California
1. Bordeaux, France
If you ask me - and it is my blog, so you must be - some folk are missing a trick if they haven't discovered Salta and Mendoza in Argentina, The Douro Valley in Portugal, and Mendocino in California.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row