Blog: Reasons to love this job, 1, 2, 3 ...
Olly Wehring | 18 September 2008
For so many reasons, I love this job. This chair I'm sitting in right now, for example, is everso comfortable. And don't get me started on the strip-lighting.
But beating most of these reasons is that the travel associated with this job is mighty fine (he says while packing to head to South Africa this afternoon).
So, I was interested to read earlier this week of a 'Top Ten' of wine destinations around the world, according to the editors of consumer website TripAdvisor and traveller popularity. I can't really brag, but I can tick off four that I've visited. This time tomorrow, it'll be five. Oh yes.
10. Marlborough, New Zealand
9. Stellenbosch, South Africa
8. Valle Central, Chile
7. Sonoma Valley, California
6. La Rioja, Spain
5. Barossa Valley, Australia
4. Champagne-Ardenne, France
3. Tuscany, Italy
2. Napa Valley, California
1. Bordeaux, France
If you ask me - and it is my blog, so you must be - some folk are missing a trick if they haven't discovered Salta and Mendoza in Argentina, The Douro Valley in Portugal, and Mendocino in California.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends