Blog: Reasons to love this job, 1, 2, 3 ...
Olly Wehring | 18 September 2008
For so many reasons, I love this job. This chair I'm sitting in right now, for example, is everso comfortable. And don't get me started on the strip-lighting.
But beating most of these reasons is that the travel associated with this job is mighty fine (he says while packing to head to South Africa this afternoon).
So, I was interested to read earlier this week of a 'Top Ten' of wine destinations around the world, according to the editors of consumer website TripAdvisor and traveller popularity. I can't really brag, but I can tick off four that I've visited. This time tomorrow, it'll be five. Oh yes.
10. Marlborough, New Zealand
9. Stellenbosch, South Africa
8. Valle Central, Chile
7. Sonoma Valley, California
6. La Rioja, Spain
5. Barossa Valley, Australia
4. Champagne-Ardenne, France
3. Tuscany, Italy
2. Napa Valley, California
1. Bordeaux, France
If you ask me - and it is my blog, so you must be - some folk are missing a trick if they haven't discovered Salta and Mendoza in Argentina, The Douro Valley in Portugal, and Mendocino in California.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends