Blog: Reasons to love this job, 1, 2, 3 ...
Olly Wehring | 18 September 2008
For so many reasons, I love this job. This chair I'm sitting in right now, for example, is everso comfortable. And don't get me started on the strip-lighting.
But beating most of these reasons is that the travel associated with this job is mighty fine (he says while packing to head to South Africa this afternoon).
So, I was interested to read earlier this week of a 'Top Ten' of wine destinations around the world, according to the editors of consumer website TripAdvisor and traveller popularity. I can't really brag, but I can tick off four that I've visited. This time tomorrow, it'll be five. Oh yes.
10. Marlborough, New Zealand
9. Stellenbosch, South Africa
8. Valle Central, Chile
7. Sonoma Valley, California
6. La Rioja, Spain
5. Barossa Valley, Australia
4. Champagne-Ardenne, France
3. Tuscany, Italy
2. Napa Valley, California
1. Bordeaux, France
If you ask me - and it is my blog, so you must be - some folk are missing a trick if they haven't discovered Salta and Mendoza in Argentina, The Douro Valley in Portugal, and Mendocino in California.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits