Blog: Rémy Cointreau putting Bruichladdich on the map
Andy Morton | 4 September 2013
Bruichladdich's international expansion continues apace a year on from its US$90m sale to Rémy Cointreau. The Scotch whisky producer's management team are off to Singapore today (4 September) for the launch of its namesake range in the city-state.
When just-drinks spoke to Bruichladdich's CEO in Cannes last year, shortly after the announcement of the Rémy deal, Simon Coughlin said one of the reasons investors swung behind the decision was Rémy's distribution network and the opportunities it gave Bruichladdich abroad.
With today's news that Scotch exports are rising in both value and volume terms - in Singapore, for example, sales jumped by 19% to GBP174m in the first half of this year - a visit to the Lion City surely won't be the only foreign jaunt for the Islay distillery's executives over the next 12 months.
The news this week that Krzysztof Trylinski is stepping down at Belvedere brings the curtain down on a professional chapter that has been nothing if not colourful....
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO