Blog: Rémy Cointreau putting Bruichladdich on the map
Andy Morton | 4 September 2013
Bruichladdich's international expansion continues apace a year on from its US$90m sale to Rémy Cointreau. The Scotch whisky producer's management team are off to Singapore today (4 September) for the launch of its namesake range in the city-state.
When just-drinks spoke to Bruichladdich's CEO in Cannes last year, shortly after the announcement of the Rémy deal, Simon Coughlin said one of the reasons investors swung behind the decision was Rémy's distribution network and the opportunities it gave Bruichladdich abroad.
With today's news that Scotch exports are rising in both value and volume terms - in Singapore, for example, sales jumped by 19% to GBP174m in the first half of this year - a visit to the Lion City surely won't be the only foreign jaunt for the Islay distillery's executives over the next 12 months.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
Highfern has added a heavily-peated expression to its Angels' Nectar blended Scotch brand....
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research