Blog: Rémy Cointreau putting Bruichladdich on the map
Andy Morton | 4 September 2013
Bruichladdich's international expansion continues apace a year on from its US$90m sale to Rémy Cointreau. The Scotch whisky producer's management team are off to Singapore today (4 September) for the launch of its namesake range in the city-state.
When just-drinks spoke to Bruichladdich's CEO in Cannes last year, shortly after the announcement of the Rémy deal, Simon Coughlin said one of the reasons investors swung behind the decision was Rémy's distribution network and the opportunities it gave Bruichladdich abroad.
With today's news that Scotch exports are rising in both value and volume terms - in Singapore, for example, sales jumped by 19% to GBP174m in the first half of this year - a visit to the Lion City surely won't be the only foreign jaunt for the Islay distillery's executives over the next 12 months.
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with Bulldog Gin Co's founder & CEO, Anshuman Vohra, we looked at the birth and rise of the brand. In part two, Vohra considers the wider gin segment, Bulld...
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
Experts have said drinks and brands that do not centre around one gender will drive future trends, as modern consumers look to avoid stereotypes. ...
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends