Blog: Quote of the Week?
Olly Wehring | 10 February 2006
Now, I don’t wilfully want to ruin your weekend, Messrs Wine-Makers, but if you want a glimpse into the future, check this quote out:
“Our mission statement is to become the Coke of the wine business in Singapore - we aren’t for the connoisseurs but for the appreciative masses.” - John Chuang, chief executive officer of Petra Foods Limited, the company which imports [yellow tail] into Singapore.
Oops – sorry.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"