Blog: Put paid to that
Chris Brook-Carter | 19 April 2004
An interesting contradiction was spotted by the UK’s Daily Mail newspaper today. Allied Domecq chairman Sir Gerry Robinson, in a book tied into a BBC TV series, called I'll Show Them Who's Boss, has hit out at boardroom bonuses.
Robinson says: "Senior management bonus systems destabilise a business, cause arguments and prompt resignations. If you have one get rid of it."
However, the Daily Mail points out that in January, Robinson chaired Allied’s AGM where major shareholders objected to the firm's pay policy, including a £1m-plus bonus for chief executive Philip Bowman, taking his package to £2m.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends