Blog: Put paid to that
Chris Brook-Carter | 19 April 2004
An interesting contradiction was spotted by the UK’s Daily Mail newspaper today. Allied Domecq chairman Sir Gerry Robinson, in a book tied into a BBC TV series, called I'll Show Them Who's Boss, has hit out at boardroom bonuses.
Robinson says: "Senior management bonus systems destabilise a business, cause arguments and prompt resignations. If you have one get rid of it."
However, the Daily Mail points out that in January, Robinson chaired Allied’s AGM where major shareholders objected to the firm's pay policy, including a £1m-plus bonus for chief executive Philip Bowman, taking his package to £2m.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends