Blog: Put paid to that
Chris Brook-Carter | 19 April 2004
An interesting contradiction was spotted by the UK’s Daily Mail newspaper today. Allied Domecq chairman Sir Gerry Robinson, in a book tied into a BBC TV series, called I'll Show Them Who's Boss, has hit out at boardroom bonuses.
Robinson says: "Senior management bonus systems destabilise a business, cause arguments and prompt resignations. If you have one get rid of it."
However, the Daily Mail points out that in January, Robinson chaired Allied’s AGM where major shareholders objected to the firm's pay policy, including a £1m-plus bonus for chief executive Philip Bowman, taking his package to £2m.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends