Blog: Put paid to that
Chris Brook-Carter | 19 April 2004
An interesting contradiction was spotted by the UK’s Daily Mail newspaper today. Allied Domecq chairman Sir Gerry Robinson, in a book tied into a BBC TV series, called I'll Show Them Who's Boss, has hit out at boardroom bonuses.
Robinson says: "Senior management bonus systems destabilise a business, cause arguments and prompt resignations. If you have one get rid of it."
However, the Daily Mail points out that in January, Robinson chaired Allied’s AGM where major shareholders objected to the firm's pay policy, including a £1m-plus bonus for chief executive Philip Bowman, taking his package to £2m.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review