Blog: Put it in a memo
Chris Brook-Carter | 2 March 2004
The fears that the current uncertainty at Coca-Cola Company over who will suceed outgoing CEO Doug Daft will de-stabilise business efforts, is apparently not the sole domain of the investment community.
According to the Atlanta Constitutional Journal late last week, Coca-Cola's departing chairman and CEO is trying to persuade employees "not be distracted by the background noise" as the CEO selection process begins.
Daft apparently sent an internal memo late Thursday urging workers to focus on the business, even as future leadership remains uncertain.
"We simply must not take our eye off the ball or lose the positive forward momentum we have all worked so hard to create," the memo said.
The Journal, in its report, went on to highlight a research note from UBS, in which analyst Caroline Levy downgraded Coca-Cola.
She said: "In our opinion, Steven Heyer may not be selected as the next chairman and CEO," before adding that the board's hiring of an outside candidate could mean that "many Coca-Cola employees may become distracted as they fear for their jobs and await new strategic plans."
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets