Blog: Put it in a memo
Chris Brook-Carter | 2 March 2004
The fears that the current uncertainty at Coca-Cola Company over who will suceed outgoing CEO Doug Daft will de-stabilise business efforts, is apparently not the sole domain of the investment community.
According to the Atlanta Constitutional Journal late last week, Coca-Cola's departing chairman and CEO is trying to persuade employees "not be distracted by the background noise" as the CEO selection process begins.
Daft apparently sent an internal memo late Thursday urging workers to focus on the business, even as future leadership remains uncertain.
"We simply must not take our eye off the ball or lose the positive forward momentum we have all worked so hard to create," the memo said.
The Journal, in its report, went on to highlight a research note from UBS, in which analyst Caroline Levy downgraded Coca-Cola.
She said: "In our opinion, Steven Heyer may not be selected as the next chairman and CEO," before adding that the board's hiring of an outside candidate could mean that "many Coca-Cola employees may become distracted as they fear for their jobs and await new strategic plans."
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research