Blog: Pumpkin beer - not just for Halloween?
James Wilmore | 22 October 2012
Is pumpkin beer finally making a breakthrough as a credible style in the US?
I only ask after noticing on a recent trip to New York a number of folks ordering and taking an interest in it at bars. One overheard conversation involved a 20-something guy ordering a pumpkin beer, to which his companion responded: "Pumpkin beer? Really?" The retort was: "Yeah, when it's this cold, I like the spice".
One writer suggests, until recently, it was the Blink 182 of of the beer world - "corny, commercial, not taken seriously". Or Coldplay, maybe.
But with the redoubtable Delaware-based brewer Dogfish Head among a glut of brewers getting in on the act, perhaps pumpkin ale is about to bust out of its Halloween niche?
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019