Blog: Pumpkin beer - not just for Halloween?
James Wilmore | 22 October 2012
Is pumpkin beer finally making a breakthrough as a credible style in the US?
I only ask after noticing on a recent trip to New York a number of folks ordering and taking an interest in it at bars. One overheard conversation involved a 20-something guy ordering a pumpkin beer, to which his companion responded: "Pumpkin beer? Really?" The retort was: "Yeah, when it's this cold, I like the spice".
One writer suggests, until recently, it was the Blink 182 of of the beer world - "corny, commercial, not taken seriously". Or Coldplay, maybe.
But with the redoubtable Delaware-based brewer Dogfish Head among a glut of brewers getting in on the act, perhaps pumpkin ale is about to bust out of its Halloween niche?
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends