Blog: Pumpkin beer - not just for Halloween?
James Wilmore | 22 October 2012
Is pumpkin beer finally making a breakthrough as a credible style in the US?
I only ask after noticing on a recent trip to New York a number of folks ordering and taking an interest in it at bars. One overheard conversation involved a 20-something guy ordering a pumpkin beer, to which his companion responded: "Pumpkin beer? Really?" The retort was: "Yeah, when it's this cold, I like the spice".
One writer suggests, until recently, it was the Blink 182 of of the beer world - "corny, commercial, not taken seriously". Or Coldplay, maybe.
But with the redoubtable Delaware-based brewer Dogfish Head among a glut of brewers getting in on the act, perhaps pumpkin ale is about to bust out of its Halloween niche?
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today. ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Guinness, Campari, Vitaminwater and Treasury Wine Estates....
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned it from using it Magners logo on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia W...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat