Blog: Private equi-tea
Olly Wehring | 2 July 2007
India’s Tata Tea is mooted as mulling a bid for Cadbury Schweppes’ US beverage business. Local reports have suggested that Tata is planning to combine with a joint bid being lodged by private equity group Blackstone and Lion Capital for the Cadbury drinks businesses.
The existence of private equity groups amongst the bidders confirms the growing interest this financial sector is taking in the industry. PEGs remain a hugely misunderstood sector but they’re a rising presence in the drinks world. Keep your eyes peeled for an analysis of private equity groups and their role within the drinks industry, which we’ll be running later this week.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today. ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Guinness, Campari, Vitaminwater and Treasury Wine Estates....
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned it from using it Magners logo on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia W...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat