Blog: Private equi-tea
Olly Wehring | 2 July 2007
India’s Tata Tea is mooted as mulling a bid for Cadbury Schweppes’ US beverage business. Local reports have suggested that Tata is planning to combine with a joint bid being lodged by private equity group Blackstone and Lion Capital for the Cadbury drinks businesses.
The existence of private equity groups amongst the bidders confirms the growing interest this financial sector is taking in the industry. PEGs remain a hugely misunderstood sector but they’re a rising presence in the drinks world. Keep your eyes peeled for an analysis of private equity groups and their role within the drinks industry, which we’ll be running later this week.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review