Blog: Press releases in August - consider this lilly guilded
Olly Wehring | 14 August 2008
That's it, folks. I can't take it anymore. It's the middle of August and, as the scarcity of news at the moment suggests, we're all in the height of the silly season.
But some of you just aren't helping, you know. Indeed, some of your press releases are veering towards, well, silly.
To whit, the following exhibits:
“With the new gift pack, Absolut is updating the concept of masquerade for the modern era, where the possibilities of being yourself and expressing your personality are more important than ever.”
“This creative initiative reflects the pride and imaginative go-for-it attitude of Rotterdam.” (This is a direct quote from a release, no less)
“The Red Bull Air Race - dubbed the F1 of the skies - was a stunning spectacle of high speed skill and agility that has further cemented Red Bull’s status as the go-to brand for fun, energy and innovation.”
“‘Cosiness’ is the theme as diva-like the naked shoulders of a Grand Marnier bottle emerge from an opulent red fur collar and nubuck coat adorned with a vibrant metal label. The warm tactile materials cry out to be touched, while the aromas of orange and Cognac demand it be tasted.”
If you wrote these, then I'm sorry.
I'm really, really sorry.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research