Blog: Press releases in August - consider this lilly guilded
Olly Wehring | 14 August 2008
That's it, folks. I can't take it anymore. It's the middle of August and, as the scarcity of news at the moment suggests, we're all in the height of the silly season.
But some of you just aren't helping, you know. Indeed, some of your press releases are veering towards, well, silly.
To whit, the following exhibits:
“With the new gift pack, Absolut is updating the concept of masquerade for the modern era, where the possibilities of being yourself and expressing your personality are more important than ever.”
“This creative initiative reflects the pride and imaginative go-for-it attitude of Rotterdam.” (This is a direct quote from a release, no less)
“The Red Bull Air Race - dubbed the F1 of the skies - was a stunning spectacle of high speed skill and agility that has further cemented Red Bull’s status as the go-to brand for fun, energy and innovation.”
“‘Cosiness’ is the theme as diva-like the naked shoulders of a Grand Marnier bottle emerge from an opulent red fur collar and nubuck coat adorned with a vibrant metal label. The warm tactile materials cry out to be touched, while the aromas of orange and Cognac demand it be tasted.”
If you wrote these, then I'm sorry.
I'm really, really sorry.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends