Blog: Press releases in August - consider this lilly guilded
Olly Wehring | 14 August 2008
That's it, folks. I can't take it anymore. It's the middle of August and, as the scarcity of news at the moment suggests, we're all in the height of the silly season.
But some of you just aren't helping, you know. Indeed, some of your press releases are veering towards, well, silly.
To whit, the following exhibits:
“With the new gift pack, Absolut is updating the concept of masquerade for the modern era, where the possibilities of being yourself and expressing your personality are more important than ever.”
“This creative initiative reflects the pride and imaginative go-for-it attitude of Rotterdam.” (This is a direct quote from a release, no less)
“The Red Bull Air Race - dubbed the F1 of the skies - was a stunning spectacle of high speed skill and agility that has further cemented Red Bull’s status as the go-to brand for fun, energy and innovation.”
“‘Cosiness’ is the theme as diva-like the naked shoulders of a Grand Marnier bottle emerge from an opulent red fur collar and nubuck coat adorned with a vibrant metal label. The warm tactile materials cry out to be touched, while the aromas of orange and Cognac demand it be tasted.”
If you wrote these, then I'm sorry.
I'm really, really sorry.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends