Blog: Press pack prefer to probe Pernod Ricard in private
Andy Morton | 28 August 2014
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists.
The rest of the time was taken up by CEO Pierre Pringuet and his heir-apparent Alex Ricard reading out a (very) detailed account of the year's performance.
So why the truncated Q&A, which is surely of far more interest to the world's listening media? According to Pernod, it's no conspiracy. Apparently the French journalists, who make up the vast majority of the press pack that attend the Paris results conference, all have one-on-one's with senior management after the call. They'd be crazy to air their questions in public, where fellow hacks can appropriate the answers.
It seem that instead of Pernod having something to hide, it's the media that's playing coy here.
The camera soars low over fields of spiked agave plants, past workers toiling under the hot Mexican sun. You turn your head as you drift into the hold of a truck. Suddenly you're in a bustling Tequila...
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
The Coca-Cola Co has promoted its North American head as the regional unit faces up to switching consumer trends....
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research