Blog: Press pack prefer to probe Pernod Ricard in private
Andy Morton | 28 August 2014
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists.
The rest of the time was taken up by CEO Pierre Pringuet and his heir-apparent Alex Ricard reading out a (very) detailed account of the year's performance.
So why the truncated Q&A, which is surely of far more interest to the world's listening media? According to Pernod, it's no conspiracy. Apparently the French journalists, who make up the vast majority of the press pack that attend the Paris results conference, all have one-on-one's with senior management after the call. They'd be crazy to air their questions in public, where fellow hacks can appropriate the answers.
It seem that instead of Pernod having something to hide, it's the media that's playing coy here.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research