Blog: Powdered alcohol pioneer sets the record straight - video
James Wilmore | 9 May 2014
As I'm sure you'd agree, powdered alcohol product Palcohol really doesn't need any more publicity. For what, at best, will likely be a niche offering - if it ever makes the market - it's attracted a lot of column inches.
But, if you haven't had your fill and feel like getting intoxicated on the rhetoric of the man behind the brand, you're in luck. Mark Phillips has posted a near-17-minute video (!) on YouTube, explaining everything you'd like to know about Palcohol. It's entitled 'The Truth about Palcohol'. He also addresses a few of the haters.
You have been warned.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, soft drinks NPD, the Champagne category and international beer brands....
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
Diageo has extended its Johnnie Walker House experience to the global Travel Retail sector by launching the concept at Mumbai airport today, with another set to open in Taiwan....
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Karlsson's Vodka has secured the services of Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits to handle the distribution of its namesake vodka brand outside of the US....
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport