Blog: Postcard from Brazil - #1 - PR stress
Olly Wehring | 15 May 2008
It must be every PR's worst nightmare – you take a load of journalists away on a trip – often at great expense - and, all the time you're on site, you fear a member of your company's workstaff saying, or doing, something that reflects badly on your firm.
Yes, that's right, members of the PR world, we're looking out for it too.
So, I couldn't resist, on a trip round AmBev's largest brewery in Brazil today (12 May), to ask – during the 'any questions' part of the presentation – why one of the InBev unit's employees was wearing a 'Miller Genuine Draught' shirt.
It seems this kind of situation transcends language boundaries. Quick as you like, one of the Brazilian's colleagues says: “He's new!”
Turns out AmBev used to brew MGD at its facility in Sao Paulo. But the irony wasn't wasted on us.
How we all laughed. A lot.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends