Blog: Postcard from Brazil - #1 - PR stress
Olly Wehring | 15 May 2008
It must be every PR's worst nightmare – you take a load of journalists away on a trip – often at great expense - and, all the time you're on site, you fear a member of your company's workstaff saying, or doing, something that reflects badly on your firm.
Yes, that's right, members of the PR world, we're looking out for it too.
So, I couldn't resist, on a trip round AmBev's largest brewery in Brazil today (12 May), to ask – during the 'any questions' part of the presentation – why one of the InBev unit's employees was wearing a 'Miller Genuine Draught' shirt.
It seems this kind of situation transcends language boundaries. Quick as you like, one of the Brazilian's colleagues says: “He's new!”
Turns out AmBev used to brew MGD at its facility in Sao Paulo. But the irony wasn't wasted on us.
How we all laughed. A lot.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits