Blog: Postcard from Brazil - #1 - PR stress
Olly Wehring | 15 May 2008
It must be every PR's worst nightmare – you take a load of journalists away on a trip – often at great expense - and, all the time you're on site, you fear a member of your company's workstaff saying, or doing, something that reflects badly on your firm.
Yes, that's right, members of the PR world, we're looking out for it too.
So, I couldn't resist, on a trip round AmBev's largest brewery in Brazil today (12 May), to ask – during the 'any questions' part of the presentation – why one of the InBev unit's employees was wearing a 'Miller Genuine Draught' shirt.
It seems this kind of situation transcends language boundaries. Quick as you like, one of the Brazilian's colleagues says: “He's new!”
Turns out AmBev used to brew MGD at its facility in Sao Paulo. But the irony wasn't wasted on us.
How we all laughed. A lot.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range