Blog: Postcard from Brazil - #1 - PR stress
Olly Wehring | 15 May 2008
It must be every PR's worst nightmare – you take a load of journalists away on a trip – often at great expense - and, all the time you're on site, you fear a member of your company's workstaff saying, or doing, something that reflects badly on your firm.
Yes, that's right, members of the PR world, we're looking out for it too.
So, I couldn't resist, on a trip round AmBev's largest brewery in Brazil today (12 May), to ask – during the 'any questions' part of the presentation – why one of the InBev unit's employees was wearing a 'Miller Genuine Draught' shirt.
It seems this kind of situation transcends language boundaries. Quick as you like, one of the Brazilian's colleagues says: “He's new!”
Turns out AmBev used to brew MGD at its facility in Sao Paulo. But the irony wasn't wasted on us.
How we all laughed. A lot.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020