Blog: Postcard from Brazil - #1 - PR stress
Olly Wehring | 15 May 2008
It must be every PR's worst nightmare – you take a load of journalists away on a trip – often at great expense - and, all the time you're on site, you fear a member of your company's workstaff saying, or doing, something that reflects badly on your firm.
Yes, that's right, members of the PR world, we're looking out for it too.
So, I couldn't resist, on a trip round AmBev's largest brewery in Brazil today (12 May), to ask – during the 'any questions' part of the presentation – why one of the InBev unit's employees was wearing a 'Miller Genuine Draught' shirt.
It seems this kind of situation transcends language boundaries. Quick as you like, one of the Brazilian's colleagues says: “He's new!”
Turns out AmBev used to brew MGD at its facility in Sao Paulo. But the irony wasn't wasted on us.
How we all laughed. A lot.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends