Blog: Polish vodkas prove their worth in Ukraine
Andy Morton | 26 January 2015
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country.
Speaking at a media lunch in London today, Andrew Notcutt, Russian Standard's global Travel Retail marketing director, told journalists that sales of his company's trademark vodka brand have fallen since tensions flared between Russia and its neighbour last year.
However, Notcutt said the drop has been compensated by rising sales in Ukraine of Russian Standard's Polish vodka brands, such as the bison grass-flavoured Zubrówka. These are brands that - unlike Russian Standard which does so in its very name - do not easily give away their Russian ownership.
Russian Standard's Polish vodka brands are a recent relatively recent acquisitions. The company took charge of Zubrówka, Absolwent and Soplica when it acquired Central European Distribution Corporation in 2013.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends