Blog: Polish vodkas prove their worth in Ukraine
Andy Morton | 26 January 2015
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country.
Speaking at a media lunch in London today, Andrew Notcutt, Russian Standard's global Travel Retail marketing director, told journalists that sales of his company's trademark vodka brand have fallen since tensions flared between Russia and its neighbour last year.
However, Notcutt said the drop has been compensated by rising sales in Ukraine of Russian Standard's Polish vodka brands, such as the bison grass-flavoured Zubrówka. These are brands that - unlike Russian Standard which does so in its very name - do not easily give away their Russian ownership.
Russian Standard's Polish vodka brands are a recent relatively recent acquisitions. The company took charge of Zubrówka, Absolwent and Soplica when it acquired Central European Distribution Corporation in 2013.
In the US, carbonated water has become a non-alcoholic beverage star, as consumers choose sparkling waters and seltzers instead of carbonated soft drinks to cut calorie and sugar consumption. The same...
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends