Blog: Polish vodkas prove their worth in Ukraine
Andy Morton | 26 January 2015
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country.
Speaking at a media lunch in London today, Andrew Notcutt, Russian Standard's global Travel Retail marketing director, told journalists that sales of his company's trademark vodka brand have fallen since tensions flared between Russia and its neighbour last year.
However, Notcutt said the drop has been compensated by rising sales in Ukraine of Russian Standard's Polish vodka brands, such as the bison grass-flavoured Zubrówka. These are brands that - unlike Russian Standard which does so in its very name - do not easily give away their Russian ownership.
Russian Standard's Polish vodka brands are a recent relatively recent acquisitions. The company took charge of Zubrówka, Absolwent and Soplica when it acquired Central European Distribution Corporation in 2013.
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Moet Hennessy's Glenmorangie Co has unveiled the oldest iteration of its namesake single malt Scotch whisky brand....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research