Blog: Polish vodkas prove their worth in Ukraine
Andy Morton | 26 January 2015
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country.
Speaking at a media lunch in London today, Andrew Notcutt, Russian Standard's global Travel Retail marketing director, told journalists that sales of his company's trademark vodka brand have fallen since tensions flared between Russia and its neighbour last year.
However, Notcutt said the drop has been compensated by rising sales in Ukraine of Russian Standard's Polish vodka brands, such as the bison grass-flavoured Zubrówka. These are brands that - unlike Russian Standard which does so in its very name - do not easily give away their Russian ownership.
Russian Standard's Polish vodka brands are a recent relatively recent acquisitions. The company took charge of Zubrówka, Absolwent and Soplica when it acquired Central European Distribution Corporation in 2013.
just-drinks is thrilled to welcome a new industry commentator to the fold. Until earlier this year, Ian Shackleton spent over 25 years as a beverages analyst with several major banks, including Credit...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign