Blog: Pilsner Urquell - a good time had by all, but how much??
Olly Wehring | 6 October 2006
Back into London on Wednesday evening, at the request of SABMiller’s Pilsner Urquell. The beer is the subject of a GBP2m promotional push in the UK, also announced last week.
The swanky do, held at the very smart Serpentine Gallery in Kensington Gardens, included DJs, Czech sentry guards and canapés created by renowned chef Albert Roux.
We also got the chance to try pouring our own beer (sounds easy, eh? You’d think!), and a super goody bag to take away, including two Pilsner Urquell-branded glasses in a presentation box.
I’ve a worrying feeling, however, that most of the GBP2m went on just the one night…
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research