Blog: Pilsner Urquell - a good time had by all, but how much??
Olly Wehring | 6 October 2006
Back into London on Wednesday evening, at the request of SABMiller’s Pilsner Urquell. The beer is the subject of a GBP2m promotional push in the UK, also announced last week.
The swanky do, held at the very smart Serpentine Gallery in Kensington Gardens, included DJs, Czech sentry guards and canapés created by renowned chef Albert Roux.
We also got the chance to try pouring our own beer (sounds easy, eh? You’d think!), and a super goody bag to take away, including two Pilsner Urquell-branded glasses in a presentation box.
I’ve a worrying feeling, however, that most of the GBP2m went on just the one night…
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research