Blog: Pilsner Urquell - a good time had by all, but how much??
Olly Wehring | 6 October 2006
Back into London on Wednesday evening, at the request of SABMiller’s Pilsner Urquell. The beer is the subject of a GBP2m promotional push in the UK, also announced last week.
The swanky do, held at the very smart Serpentine Gallery in Kensington Gardens, included DJs, Czech sentry guards and canapés created by renowned chef Albert Roux.
We also got the chance to try pouring our own beer (sounds easy, eh? You’d think!), and a super goody bag to take away, including two Pilsner Urquell-branded glasses in a presentation box.
I’ve a worrying feeling, however, that most of the GBP2m went on just the one night…
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced....
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future