Blog: Pilsner Urquell - a good time had by all, but how much??
Olly Wehring | 6 October 2006
Back into London on Wednesday evening, at the request of SABMiller’s Pilsner Urquell. The beer is the subject of a GBP2m promotional push in the UK, also announced last week.
The swanky do, held at the very smart Serpentine Gallery in Kensington Gardens, included DJs, Czech sentry guards and canapés created by renowned chef Albert Roux.
We also got the chance to try pouring our own beer (sounds easy, eh? You’d think!), and a super goody bag to take away, including two Pilsner Urquell-branded glasses in a presentation box.
I’ve a worrying feeling, however, that most of the GBP2m went on just the one night…
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory