Blog: Pete Brown - We have a winner!
Olly Wehring | 7 December 2012
Hearty congratulations to freelance beer writer Pete Brown, who was a double winner at last night's British Guild of Beer Writers' awards dinner in London.
Pete came away with the Fuller’s ESB award for 'Writing for the Beer and Pub Trade' and the 'Michael Jackson Gold Award', which recognises the year’s outstanding talent.
Very well done, sir!
To read some of Pete's work for just-drinks, click here.
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
Heineken has stepped up its focus on stay-at-home drinkers with the roll out of its latest 'draught beer at home' concept - The Sub - to its domestic market. ...
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban