Blog: Pete Brown - We have a winner!
Olly Wehring | 7 December 2012
Hearty congratulations to freelance beer writer Pete Brown, who was a double winner at last night's British Guild of Beer Writers' awards dinner in London.
Pete came away with the Fuller’s ESB award for 'Writing for the Beer and Pub Trade' and the 'Michael Jackson Gold Award', which recognises the year’s outstanding talent.
Very well done, sir!
To read some of Pete's work for just-drinks, click here.
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman