Blog: Perrier gets a new rival?
Chris Mercer | 22 September 2010
France's once free-flowing love affair with bottled water has slowed to a trickle in recent years and authorities are keen to stem it completely - by trialling a new style of public fountain.
Parisians are being offered free sparkling water, as much as they can drink, from a newly-installed fountain in the French capital. The city's public water board, Eau de Paris, opened its 'La Petillante' fountain in the 12ieme arrondissement yesterday (21 September).
Using a carbonation system developed and trialled in Italy, the fountain could be a central part of French authorities' desire to wean more people off their beloved bottled water - for the sake, they say, of the environment.
It all depends on whether Eau de Paris can impress its Parisian consumers - a tough bunch to please at the best of times.
One woman was quoted as saying that the water tasted "une peu comme Perrier". My guess is that Nestle probably doesn't have to start worrying about brand loyalty just yet, however.
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research