Blog: Perrier gets a new rival?
Chris Mercer | 22 September 2010
France's once free-flowing love affair with bottled water has slowed to a trickle in recent years and authorities are keen to stem it completely - by trialling a new style of public fountain.
Parisians are being offered free sparkling water, as much as they can drink, from a newly-installed fountain in the French capital. The city's public water board, Eau de Paris, opened its 'La Petillante' fountain in the 12ieme arrondissement yesterday (21 September).
Using a carbonation system developed and trialled in Italy, the fountain could be a central part of French authorities' desire to wean more people off their beloved bottled water - for the sake, they say, of the environment.
It all depends on whether Eau de Paris can impress its Parisian consumers - a tough bunch to please at the best of times.
One woman was quoted as saying that the water tasted "une peu comme Perrier". My guess is that Nestle probably doesn't have to start worrying about brand loyalty just yet, however.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits