Blog: Perrier gets a new rival?
Chris Mercer | 22 September 2010
France's once free-flowing love affair with bottled water has slowed to a trickle in recent years and authorities are keen to stem it completely - by trialling a new style of public fountain.
Parisians are being offered free sparkling water, as much as they can drink, from a newly-installed fountain in the French capital. The city's public water board, Eau de Paris, opened its 'La Petillante' fountain in the 12ieme arrondissement yesterday (21 September).
Using a carbonation system developed and trialled in Italy, the fountain could be a central part of French authorities' desire to wean more people off their beloved bottled water - for the sake, they say, of the environment.
It all depends on whether Eau de Paris can impress its Parisian consumers - a tough bunch to please at the best of times.
One woman was quoted as saying that the water tasted "une peu comme Perrier". My guess is that Nestle probably doesn't have to start worrying about brand loyalty just yet, however.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research