Blog: Perrier gets a new rival?
Chris Mercer | 22 September 2010
France's once free-flowing love affair with bottled water has slowed to a trickle in recent years and authorities are keen to stem it completely - by trialling a new style of public fountain.
Parisians are being offered free sparkling water, as much as they can drink, from a newly-installed fountain in the French capital. The city's public water board, Eau de Paris, opened its 'La Petillante' fountain in the 12ieme arrondissement yesterday (21 September).
Using a carbonation system developed and trialled in Italy, the fountain could be a central part of French authorities' desire to wean more people off their beloved bottled water - for the sake, they say, of the environment.
It all depends on whether Eau de Paris can impress its Parisian consumers - a tough bunch to please at the best of times.
One woman was quoted as saying that the water tasted "une peu comme Perrier". My guess is that Nestle probably doesn't have to start worrying about brand loyalty just yet, however.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends