Blog: Pernod Ricard - On your bike, for The Benevolent
Olly Wehring | 20 June 2012
Last month, we (exclusively) announced that the deputy MD at Pernod Ricard UK, Simon Thomas, is set to leave the company. Prior to his departure, however, Simon this month embarked on a charity bicycle ride – a 640-mile charity bicycle ride.
Starting At The Glenlivet distillery in Speyside last week, Simon and a team of Pernod Ricard UK employees, arrived at the Beefeater distillery here in London yesterday (19 June). The riders are raising money for The Benevolent, the drinks industry charity of which Simon is the chairman.
The team has raised 80% of its fund-raising target, apparently, so if you'd like to make a donation, then head here between now and 12 July.
And, if you'd like to see the team's video diary, before Simon cycles off into the sunset, then click here, paying particular attention to the start of day seven - don't drink and ride, boys!
It's a bank holiday here in the UK on Monday (25 August). just-drinks' team will be taking a well-earned lie down. ...
Poland is hardly noted for its cider consumption, but all this could be about to change. ...
Here's a brave move by the folk from Camerata at Paulie's in Houston: a wine-related parody of Summer Nights from Grease....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down