Blog: PepsiCo wakes up and smells the latte
Andy Morton | 20 January 2016
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, slipped under the radar.
In the short talk, Kaufman discusses the role Pepsi plays in our new sugar-aware world, how the pace of change in the beverage industry has quickened and what we can expect from the Pepsi-sponsored Super Bowl half-time show next month (a dip into the past, present and future, apparently).
Though Kaufman has only been in the post three months, he already talks like a CMO. There is a lot about “journeys” and two references to a “pop-culture moment”, whatever that might be. He also revealed the new coffee-themed buzzword in the PepsiCo marketing department - latte.
It stands for local, authentic, transparent, traceable and ethical and, according to Kaufman, this is what consumers now want from their products.
This, of course, has been the watchword for a few years in the spirits market and is only now - as consumers ditch CSDs over health fears - making the jump into soft drinks. Still, it's better latte than never, PepsiCo.
Watch the video here to find out more
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends