Blog: PepsiCo wakes up and smells the latte
Andy Morton | 20 January 2016
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, slipped under the radar.
In the short talk, Kaufman discusses the role Pepsi plays in our new sugar-aware world, how the pace of change in the beverage industry has quickened and what we can expect from the Pepsi-sponsored Super Bowl half-time show next month (a dip into the past, present and future, apparently).
Though Kaufman has only been in the post three months, he already talks like a CMO. There is a lot about “journeys” and two references to a “pop-culture moment”, whatever that might be. He also revealed the new coffee-themed buzzword in the PepsiCo marketing department - latte.
It stands for local, authentic, transparent, traceable and ethical and, according to Kaufman, this is what consumers now want from their products.
This, of course, has been the watchword for a few years in the spirits market and is only now - as consumers ditch CSDs over health fears - making the jump into soft drinks. Still, it's better latte than never, PepsiCo.
Watch the video here to find out more
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends