Blog: PepsiCo reveals 1893 Pepsi - video
Andy Morton | 21 March 2016
PepsiCo has unveiled footage of its upcoming soda, Pepsi 1893.
A video on Twitter gives substance to the reports from late last year that the company was to launch a “craft” Pepsi in an attempt to woo Millennials. The short clip shows a bartender in what looks like a cocktail lounge serve up a long-glassed 1893 with the slogan “Boldly Served Colas”. Two flavours are featured, Original Cola and Ginger Cola.
PepsiCo did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The ad also reveals that 1893 is made with kola nut extract, sparkling water and “real” sugar, the same pared-down recipe PepsiCo boasted about for its Caleb's Kola. 1893 also shares Caleb's nod to the Pepsi roots - the year is when a predecessor to Pepsi was first launched and Caleb's is named after Caleb Bradham, the inventor of the Pepsi formula.
What's different, however, is the Pepsi branding, meaning PepsiCo is bringing out its big guns in the fight against declining CSD sales in the US.
In this regard, they are copying the brewing industry. Check out this comment on Heineken and its namesake lager. Same rules apply to Pepsi.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Brick Brewing Co's craft beer division Waterloo Brewing has lined up the launch of a citrus radler....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World