Blog: PepsiCo reveals 1893 Pepsi - video
Andy Morton | 21 March 2016
PepsiCo has unveiled footage of its upcoming soda, Pepsi 1893.
A video on Twitter gives substance to the reports from late last year that the company was to launch a “craft” Pepsi in an attempt to woo Millennials. The short clip shows a bartender in what looks like a cocktail lounge serve up a long-glassed 1893 with the slogan “Boldly Served Colas”. Two flavours are featured, Original Cola and Ginger Cola.
PepsiCo did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The ad also reveals that 1893 is made with kola nut extract, sparkling water and “real” sugar, the same pared-down recipe PepsiCo boasted about for its Caleb's Kola. 1893 also shares Caleb's nod to the Pepsi roots - the year is when a predecessor to Pepsi was first launched and Caleb's is named after Caleb Bradham, the inventor of the Pepsi formula.
What's different, however, is the Pepsi branding, meaning PepsiCo is bringing out its big guns in the fight against declining CSD sales in the US.
In this regard, they are copying the brewing industry. Check out this comment on Heineken and its namesake lager. Same rules apply to Pepsi.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends