Blog: P Diddy vs 50 Cent in vodka wars
Lucy Britner | 18 August 2015
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his eight-year tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc.
Now, Diddy is known to walk a tightrope between humour and arrogance when it comes to promoting his brand - as viewers of that bubble bath video will no doubt attest. And, his latest snipe at the opposition sees 50 Cent's olive branch, in the form of a case of Effen vodka, snapped and used for kindling.
50 Cent, who is a spokesperson for Beam Suntory's Effen, and P Diddy often use social media to spar with each other about their rival brands. In the latest bout, 50 Cent reportedly delivered a case of Effen to Diddy during a radio interview, with a note that said "Let's be friends".
Last month, Diddy offered 50 Cent a lifetime's supply of Ciroc for his 40th birthday, according to reports.
And so 50 Cent's delivery of just a case of his Effen vodka provoked this response from the Did-meister: "I appreciate his gesture... When you're first starting out in these little companies, they don't really have a lot of supply. So that's with homeboy's vodka, sometimes maybe you can only send a case."
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Kirin lines up cans for Little Creatures beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends