Blog: P Diddy vs 50 Cent in vodka wars
Lucy Britner | 18 August 2015
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his eight-year tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc.
Now, Diddy is known to walk a tightrope between humour and arrogance when it comes to promoting his brand - as viewers of that bubble bath video will no doubt attest. And, his latest snipe at the opposition sees 50 Cent's olive branch, in the form of a case of Effen vodka, snapped and used for kindling.
50 Cent, who is a spokesperson for Beam Suntory's Effen, and P Diddy often use social media to spar with each other about their rival brands. In the latest bout, 50 Cent reportedly delivered a case of Effen to Diddy during a radio interview, with a note that said "Let's be friends".
Last month, Diddy offered 50 Cent a lifetime's supply of Ciroc for his 40th birthday, according to reports.
And so 50 Cent's delivery of just a case of his Effen vodka provoked this response from the Did-meister: "I appreciate his gesture... When you're first starting out in these little companies, they don't really have a lot of supply. So that's with homeboy's vodka, sometimes maybe you can only send a case."
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends