Blog: P Diddy vs 50 Cent in vodka wars
Lucy Britner | 18 August 2015
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his eight-year tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc.
Now, Diddy is known to walk a tightrope between humour and arrogance when it comes to promoting his brand - as viewers of that bubble bath video will no doubt attest. And, his latest snipe at the opposition sees 50 Cent's olive branch, in the form of a case of Effen vodka, snapped and used for kindling.
50 Cent, who is a spokesperson for Beam Suntory's Effen, and P Diddy often use social media to spar with each other about their rival brands. In the latest bout, 50 Cent reportedly delivered a case of Effen to Diddy during a radio interview, with a note that said "Let's be friends".
Last month, Diddy offered 50 Cent a lifetime's supply of Ciroc for his 40th birthday, according to reports.
And so 50 Cent's delivery of just a case of his Effen vodka provoked this response from the Did-meister: "I appreciate his gesture... When you're first starting out in these little companies, they don't really have a lot of supply. So that's with homeboy's vodka, sometimes maybe you can only send a case."
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World