Blog: Ozzy in a tizzy over Baltimore beer
James Wilmore | 1 May 2014
Even heavy metal legends like to protect their brand.
Ozzy Osbourne, the former Black Sabbath frontman turned reality TV star, has taken issue with Baltimore brewpub, The Brewer's Art. Osbourne has hit the company with a cease-and-desist letter over its 'Ozzy' beer brand, the Baltimore Sun reported.
What's in a name, you may ask. Well, the label on a can of Ozzy features pictures of bats. Osbourne, of course, is famed for once biting the head off a bat, live on stage.
The Brewer's Art spun the whole saga into a nice bit of PR though, by asking its customers to rename the beer. Now, 'Ozzy' has become 'Beazly', after long-serving bartender Mark Barcus.
Get your cans of 'Ozzy' before they become a collector's item, I guess.
Sectors: Beer & cider
It's yet another sign that the legal marijuana business is moving closer to the alcohol industry in the US....
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review