Blog: Ozzy in a tizzy over Baltimore beer
James Wilmore | 1 May 2014
Even heavy metal legends like to protect their brand.
Ozzy Osbourne, the former Black Sabbath frontman turned reality TV star, has taken issue with Baltimore brewpub, The Brewer's Art. Osbourne has hit the company with a cease-and-desist letter over its 'Ozzy' beer brand, the Baltimore Sun reported.
What's in a name, you may ask. Well, the label on a can of Ozzy features pictures of bats. Osbourne, of course, is famed for once biting the head off a bat, live on stage.
The Brewer's Art spun the whole saga into a nice bit of PR though, by asking its customers to rename the beer. Now, 'Ozzy' has become 'Beazly', after long-serving bartender Mark Barcus.
Get your cans of 'Ozzy' before they become a collector's item, I guess.
Sectors: Beer & cider
SABMiller may have been trying to sneak news of its Brazilian tie-up with Petropolis under the radar, but the news comes on the back of pronouncements by the brewer that it is keen to up its presence ...
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research