Blog: Ozzy in a tizzy over Baltimore beer
James Wilmore | 1 May 2014
Even heavy metal legends like to protect their brand.
Ozzy Osbourne, the former Black Sabbath frontman turned reality TV star, has taken issue with Baltimore brewpub, The Brewer's Art. Osbourne has hit the company with a cease-and-desist letter over its 'Ozzy' beer brand, the Baltimore Sun reported.
What's in a name, you may ask. Well, the label on a can of Ozzy features pictures of bats. Osbourne, of course, is famed for once biting the head off a bat, live on stage.
The Brewer's Art spun the whole saga into a nice bit of PR though, by asking its customers to rename the beer. Now, 'Ozzy' has become 'Beazly', after long-serving bartender Mark Barcus.
Get your cans of 'Ozzy' before they become a collector's item, I guess.
Sectors: Beer & cider
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
Molson Coors has announced a GBP2.8m (US$4.3m) marketing campaign for its Coors Light brand in the UK...
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research