Blog: One for the road? Or two? Three? Four?
Chris Brook-Carter | 2 September 2004
So, have you had enough? How much is too much? And would you be able to drive home?
A recent survey of 2,157 drivers in the UK for insurance company Churchill found that over 90% of motorists do not know the legal driving limits.
And with UK pubs increasingly serving wine in large 250-millilitre glasses, rather than standard 175-millilitre measures, and promotional offers often meaning spirits come in 35-millilitre measures rather than the traditional 25 millilitres, it would appear that confusion abounds on the roads of the UK.
Only one in five wine drinkers knew a standard glass of wine is 175 millilitres (two units of alcohol), and one in 10 spirits drinkers knew a standard measure is 25 millilitres (one unit).
The survey also found that 93% of female drivers, compared with 88% of male drivers, did not know the legal limit for alcohol consumption (the limit is 80mg of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood). Some people can reach the limit after two units whereas for others it can be double that amount.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends