Blog: One for the road? Or two? Three? Four?
Chris Brook-Carter | 2 September 2004
So, have you had enough? How much is too much? And would you be able to drive home?
A recent survey of 2,157 drivers in the UK for insurance company Churchill found that over 90% of motorists do not know the legal driving limits.
And with UK pubs increasingly serving wine in large 250-millilitre glasses, rather than standard 175-millilitre measures, and promotional offers often meaning spirits come in 35-millilitre measures rather than the traditional 25 millilitres, it would appear that confusion abounds on the roads of the UK.
Only one in five wine drinkers knew a standard glass of wine is 175 millilitres (two units of alcohol), and one in 10 spirits drinkers knew a standard measure is 25 millilitres (one unit).
The survey also found that 93% of female drivers, compared with 88% of male drivers, did not know the legal limit for alcohol consumption (the limit is 80mg of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood). Some people can reach the limit after two units whereas for others it can be double that amount.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer