Blog: One for the 'plus' column
Olly Wehring | 5 February 2007
As I tell you often enough, dear reader, it’s a tough life we lead here at just-drinks. Those hot exclusives don’t write themselves, you know? And who do you think handles the PR folk who don’t want to talk?
You'll forgive me, then, for also harping on about the odd occasion that comes along, when we get to enjoy the fruits of our labour. All in the name of balanced journalism, you understand.
This 1959 Château Lafite Rothschild - which I got to try last week at the Wine Evolution dinner in Paris - really was something special, I can tell you.
As I said, it’s a tough life.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research