Blog: One for the 'plus' column
Olly Wehring | 5 February 2007
As I tell you often enough, dear reader, it’s a tough life we lead here at just-drinks. Those hot exclusives don’t write themselves, you know? And who do you think handles the PR folk who don’t want to talk?
You'll forgive me, then, for also harping on about the odd occasion that comes along, when we get to enjoy the fruits of our labour. All in the name of balanced journalism, you understand.
This 1959 Château Lafite Rothschild - which I got to try last week at the Wine Evolution dinner in Paris - really was something special, I can tell you.
As I said, it’s a tough life.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages