Blog: One for the 'plus' column
Olly Wehring | 5 February 2007
As I tell you often enough, dear reader, it’s a tough life we lead here at just-drinks. Those hot exclusives don’t write themselves, you know? And who do you think handles the PR folk who don’t want to talk?
You'll forgive me, then, for also harping on about the odd occasion that comes along, when we get to enjoy the fruits of our labour. All in the name of balanced journalism, you understand.
This 1959 Château Lafite Rothschild - which I got to try last week at the Wine Evolution dinner in Paris - really was something special, I can tell you.
As I said, it’s a tough life.
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Coca-Cola's H1 & Q2 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman