Blog: One for the 'plus' column
Olly Wehring | 5 February 2007
As I tell you often enough, dear reader, it’s a tough life we lead here at just-drinks. Those hot exclusives don’t write themselves, you know? And who do you think handles the PR folk who don’t want to talk?
You'll forgive me, then, for also harping on about the odd occasion that comes along, when we get to enjoy the fruits of our labour. All in the name of balanced journalism, you understand.
This 1959 Château Lafite Rothschild - which I got to try last week at the Wine Evolution dinner in Paris - really was something special, I can tell you.
As I said, it’s a tough life.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned