Blog: On the floor at LIWF
Chris Mercer | 17 May 2011
The London International Wine Fair (LIWF) is in full swing today (17 May) and we've been combing the floor to bring you all the latest.
The UK may no longer be considered the most important wine market, but an awful lot of people still want to sell here - that's the message from the grassroots of the trade here at LIWF.
One piece of interest that caught my eye this morning is the growth in Brazilian wine exports. Wines of Brazil are here for the first time, just as the UK has pipped the US and the largest market for Brazilian wines.
I'm off to see Wines of Brazil on Thursday, so no doubt we can put more meat on the bones after that. But, the figures look impressive. The country is looking to almost double exports of premium bottled wine in 2011.
Could we be looking at a new rival for Chile and Argentina?
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
After yesterday's introduction to Chile, today was all about Concha y Toro – that's to be expected, seeing as they invited me here....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets