Blog: On the floor at LIWF
Chris Mercer | 17 May 2011
The London International Wine Fair (LIWF) is in full swing today (17 May) and we've been combing the floor to bring you all the latest.
The UK may no longer be considered the most important wine market, but an awful lot of people still want to sell here - that's the message from the grassroots of the trade here at LIWF.
One piece of interest that caught my eye this morning is the growth in Brazilian wine exports. Wines of Brazil are here for the first time, just as the UK has pipped the US and the largest market for Brazilian wines.
I'm off to see Wines of Brazil on Thursday, so no doubt we can put more meat on the bones after that. But, the figures look impressive. The country is looking to almost double exports of premium bottled wine in 2011.
Could we be looking at a new rival for Chile and Argentina?
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends