Blog: On the floor at LIWF
Chris Mercer | 17 May 2011
The London International Wine Fair (LIWF) is in full swing today (17 May) and we've been combing the floor to bring you all the latest.
The UK may no longer be considered the most important wine market, but an awful lot of people still want to sell here - that's the message from the grassroots of the trade here at LIWF.
One piece of interest that caught my eye this morning is the growth in Brazilian wine exports. Wines of Brazil are here for the first time, just as the UK has pipped the US and the largest market for Brazilian wines.
I'm off to see Wines of Brazil on Thursday, so no doubt we can put more meat on the bones after that. But, the figures look impressive. The country is looking to almost double exports of premium bottled wine in 2011.
Could we be looking at a new rival for Chile and Argentina?
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research