Blog: On the floor at LIWF
Chris Mercer | 17 May 2011
The London International Wine Fair (LIWF) is in full swing today (17 May) and we've been combing the floor to bring you all the latest.
The UK may no longer be considered the most important wine market, but an awful lot of people still want to sell here - that's the message from the grassroots of the trade here at LIWF.
One piece of interest that caught my eye this morning is the growth in Brazilian wine exports. Wines of Brazil are here for the first time, just as the UK has pipped the US and the largest market for Brazilian wines.
I'm off to see Wines of Brazil on Thursday, so no doubt we can put more meat on the bones after that. But, the figures look impressive. The country is looking to almost double exports of premium bottled wine in 2011.
Could we be looking at a new rival for Chile and Argentina?
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends