Blog: O2 be in England
Chris Brook-Carter | 11 March 2004
In the cutthroat world of advertising, where everything has a price, the opportunity to get your name under public noses for as cheaply as possible is never to be sniffed at.
Vodka O2, the world’s first sparkling vodka, launches in the UK later this month, with a logo startlingly similar to the mobile ‘phone company of the same name. The fact that O2 mobile sponsor the World Cup winning England rugby squad must have Vodka O2 MD Philip Maitland rubbing his hands with glee. Shortly after he registered the trademark, a friend commented on his impressive advertising. Maitland’s answer: “What advertising?”
The fact that Vodka O2 is sparkling, and the O2 mobile logo also has bubbles, surely warrants a celebratory shot.
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced....
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions