Blog: O2 be in England
Chris Brook-Carter | 11 March 2004
In the cutthroat world of advertising, where everything has a price, the opportunity to get your name under public noses for as cheaply as possible is never to be sniffed at.
Vodka O2, the world’s first sparkling vodka, launches in the UK later this month, with a logo startlingly similar to the mobile ‘phone company of the same name. The fact that O2 mobile sponsor the World Cup winning England rugby squad must have Vodka O2 MD Philip Maitland rubbing his hands with glee. Shortly after he registered the trademark, a friend commented on his impressive advertising. Maitland’s answer: “What advertising?”
The fact that Vodka O2 is sparkling, and the O2 mobile logo also has bubbles, surely warrants a celebratory shot.
Here's a brave move by the folk from Camerata at Paulie's in Houston: a wine-related parody of Summer Nights from Grease....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today. ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Guinness, Campari, Vitaminwater and Treasury Wine Estates....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat