Blog: O2 be in England
Chris Brook-Carter | 11 March 2004
In the cutthroat world of advertising, where everything has a price, the opportunity to get your name under public noses for as cheaply as possible is never to be sniffed at.
Vodka O2, the world’s first sparkling vodka, launches in the UK later this month, with a logo startlingly similar to the mobile ‘phone company of the same name. The fact that O2 mobile sponsor the World Cup winning England rugby squad must have Vodka O2 MD Philip Maitland rubbing his hands with glee. Shortly after he registered the trademark, a friend commented on his impressive advertising. Maitland’s answer: “What advertising?”
The fact that Vodka O2 is sparkling, and the O2 mobile logo also has bubbles, surely warrants a celebratory shot.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk