Blog: O2 be in England
Chris Brook-Carter | 11 March 2004
In the cutthroat world of advertising, where everything has a price, the opportunity to get your name under public noses for as cheaply as possible is never to be sniffed at.
Vodka O2, the world’s first sparkling vodka, launches in the UK later this month, with a logo startlingly similar to the mobile ‘phone company of the same name. The fact that O2 mobile sponsor the World Cup winning England rugby squad must have Vodka O2 MD Philip Maitland rubbing his hands with glee. Shortly after he registered the trademark, a friend commented on his impressive advertising. Maitland’s answer: “What advertising?”
The fact that Vodka O2 is sparkling, and the O2 mobile logo also has bubbles, surely warrants a celebratory shot.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report