Blog: North Korea reveals secret weapon - mushrooms
Andy Morton | 30 May 2014
But I'm sure none of them expected to find the latest trend in North Korea, where news today (30 May) broke of a mushroom-based sports drink. The Korean Central News Agency today (30 May) claimed the functional drink, developed by scientists in the secretive communist nation, helps athletes bounce back after exercise - or as the always idiosyncratic KCNA puts it, “recover from their fatigues”.
North Korea's sports people will likely welcome the news - at the 2010 World Cup the national team went home in disgrace after losing all three group games, including an embarrassing 7-0 loss to Portugal that was carried live on North Korean TV.
As world leaders convene in Paris this week for the COP 21 climate change conference, the value of consensus, cooperation and collaboration in the face of the climate change challenge - and the threat...
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Luxury rum growth may have passed its peak as new figures forecast a severe slowdown over the next five years. ...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts