Blog: North Korea reveals secret weapon - mushrooms
Andy Morton | 30 May 2014
But I'm sure none of them expected to find the latest trend in North Korea, where news today (30 May) broke of a mushroom-based sports drink. The Korean Central News Agency today (30 May) claimed the functional drink, developed by scientists in the secretive communist nation, helps athletes bounce back after exercise - or as the always idiosyncratic KCNA puts it, “recover from their fatigues”.
North Korea's sports people will likely welcome the news - at the 2010 World Cup the national team went home in disgrace after losing all three group games, including an embarrassing 7-0 loss to Portugal that was carried live on North Korean TV.
Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) has launched a GBP4.5m (US$5.4m) advertising campaign for Coca-Cola Zero Sugar in the UK....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
The Coca-Cola Co has added two new juice variants to its Simply portfolio in the US....
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
China's thirst for top-end Cognac is returning, according to Pernod Ricard's luxury & customer relationship management director. ...
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends