Blog: North Korea reveals secret weapon - mushrooms
Andy Morton | 30 May 2014
But I'm sure none of them expected to find the latest trend in North Korea, where news today (30 May) broke of a mushroom-based sports drink. The Korean Central News Agency today (30 May) claimed the functional drink, developed by scientists in the secretive communist nation, helps athletes bounce back after exercise - or as the always idiosyncratic KCNA puts it, “recover from their fatigues”.
North Korea's sports people will likely welcome the news - at the 2010 World Cup the national team went home in disgrace after losing all three group games, including an embarrassing 7-0 loss to Portugal that was carried live on North Korean TV.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) is planning to roll out new Monster energy drinks in Europe, ahead of its expected bottler merger in the region....
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
It's good to be in the bottled water business. According to Canadean, packaged water sales are expected to drive almost all of the net growth in beverage consumption over the next five years in the US...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends