Blog: North Korea reveals secret weapon - mushrooms
Andy Morton | 30 May 2014
But I'm sure none of them expected to find the latest trend in North Korea, where news today (30 May) broke of a mushroom-based sports drink. The Korean Central News Agency today (30 May) claimed the functional drink, developed by scientists in the secretive communist nation, helps athletes bounce back after exercise - or as the always idiosyncratic KCNA puts it, “recover from their fatigues”.
North Korea's sports people will likely welcome the news - at the 2010 World Cup the national team went home in disgrace after losing all three group games, including an embarrassing 7-0 loss to Portugal that was carried live on North Korean TV.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview