Blog: North Korea reveals secret weapon - mushrooms
Andy Morton | 30 May 2014
But I'm sure none of them expected to find the latest trend in North Korea, where news today (30 May) broke of a mushroom-based sports drink. The Korean Central News Agency today (30 May) claimed the functional drink, developed by scientists in the secretive communist nation, helps athletes bounce back after exercise - or as the always idiosyncratic KCNA puts it, “recover from their fatigues”.
North Korea's sports people will likely welcome the news - at the 2010 World Cup the national team went home in disgrace after losing all three group games, including an embarrassing 7-0 loss to Portugal that was carried live on North Korean TV.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this week, Coca-Cola HBC issued its results for 2016. The group saw its 12-month sales rise by 3% on an organic basis, with net profits leaping by over 20%. Here, just-drinks breaks down Coca-...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Lucozade Ribena Suntory will launch an Original flavour variant under its Lucozade Zero brand in the UK....
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends