Blog: North British Distilleries - An apology
Olly Wehring | 12 June 2012
It would appear that I owe North British Distilleries an apology.
In the weekly newsletter sent to just-drinks' members yesterday (11 June), I suggested that the facility, which is jointly-owned by Diageo and The Edrington Group, was found to be the source for the Legionnaires' disease outbreak in Scotland last week.
It transpires however, that this is not actually the case. As things stand, Scotland's health executive has served an improvement notice on the company for alleged failures to adequately control the risk of legionella in the cooling tower. The facility has not been identified as the source.
My apologies, folks.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research