Blog: No ID? Tough cheese
Olly Wehring | 6 January 2009
Responsible drinking. I wonder how many people neither pregnant nor on medication embraced this concept over the festive period...
Still, it seems that the UK's fourth largest supermarket, Morrison's, has taken the idea to new levels.
According to local reports, one store in Leeds, West Yorkshire, asked a student to hand over ID before selling her whisky-flavoured cheese.
A Yorkshire Evening Post article quoted student Hannah Craig, aged 30, as saying: "It didn't even taste of whisky. I've no idea how many you'd have to eat to even get slightly tipsy."
That sounds like a challenge to us. So, the first person to get tipsy on an alcohol-flavoured food will receive a free piece of whisky-flavoured cheese. email@example.com.
Independent verification is required. Vodka jelly does not count.
A Morrison's spokesperson was not immediately available for comment when contacted by just-drinks this afternoon.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Beam Suntory to invest US$1bn in Bourbon
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends