Blog: No ID? Tough cheese
Olly Wehring | 6 January 2009
Responsible drinking. I wonder how many people neither pregnant nor on medication embraced this concept over the festive period...
Still, it seems that the UK's fourth largest supermarket, Morrison's, has taken the idea to new levels.
According to local reports, one store in Leeds, West Yorkshire, asked a student to hand over ID before selling her whisky-flavoured cheese.
A Yorkshire Evening Post article quoted student Hannah Craig, aged 30, as saying: "It didn't even taste of whisky. I've no idea how many you'd have to eat to even get slightly tipsy."
That sounds like a challenge to us. So, the first person to get tipsy on an alcohol-flavoured food will receive a free piece of whisky-flavoured cheese. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Independent verification is required. Vodka jelly does not count.
A Morrison's spokesperson was not immediately available for comment when contacted by just-drinks this afternoon.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends