Blog: No ID? Tough cheese
Olly Wehring | 6 January 2009
Responsible drinking. I wonder how many people neither pregnant nor on medication embraced this concept over the festive period...
Still, it seems that the UK's fourth largest supermarket, Morrison's, has taken the idea to new levels.
According to local reports, one store in Leeds, West Yorkshire, asked a student to hand over ID before selling her whisky-flavoured cheese.
A Yorkshire Evening Post article quoted student Hannah Craig, aged 30, as saying: "It didn't even taste of whisky. I've no idea how many you'd have to eat to even get slightly tipsy."
That sounds like a challenge to us. So, the first person to get tipsy on an alcohol-flavoured food will receive a free piece of whisky-flavoured cheese. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Independent verification is required. Vodka jelly does not count.
A Morrison's spokesperson was not immediately available for comment when contacted by just-drinks this afternoon.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends