Blog: No ID? Tough cheese
Olly Wehring | 6 January 2009
Responsible drinking. I wonder how many people neither pregnant nor on medication embraced this concept over the festive period...
Still, it seems that the UK's fourth largest supermarket, Morrison's, has taken the idea to new levels.
According to local reports, one store in Leeds, West Yorkshire, asked a student to hand over ID before selling her whisky-flavoured cheese.
A Yorkshire Evening Post article quoted student Hannah Craig, aged 30, as saying: "It didn't even taste of whisky. I've no idea how many you'd have to eat to even get slightly tipsy."
That sounds like a challenge to us. So, the first person to get tipsy on an alcohol-flavoured food will receive a free piece of whisky-flavoured cheese. email@example.com.
Independent verification is required. Vodka jelly does not count.
A Morrison's spokesperson was not immediately available for comment when contacted by just-drinks this afternoon.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits