Blog: 'No frills' Carlos Brito
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2010
Carlos Brito has revealed his taste for personal restraint in a rare interview.
Carlos Brito must be one of the least interviewed CEOs among the drinks industry's big hitters, so it was with intrigue that we read his comments to the Wall Street Journal at the weekend.
Brito was keen to portray his "no frills" lifestyle in the piece, which may seem strange for the head of a company that recently completed the most expensive takeover in brewing industry history.
Still, the 50-year-old Brazilian said that he does not do five-star hotels when travelling with his family - a neat nod to austerity in these austere times.
While the brief interview made interesting reading, all involved should be picked up on the poorly choreographed penultimate question, which focused on Brito's drinking habits.
What does Carlos Brito drink out of office hours? Come on, you don't need me to provide the answer, do you?
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range