Blog: 'No frills' Carlos Brito
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2010
Carlos Brito has revealed his taste for personal restraint in a rare interview.
Carlos Brito must be one of the least interviewed CEOs among the drinks industry's big hitters, so it was with intrigue that we read his comments to the Wall Street Journal at the weekend.
Brito was keen to portray his "no frills" lifestyle in the piece, which may seem strange for the head of a company that recently completed the most expensive takeover in brewing industry history.
Still, the 50-year-old Brazilian said that he does not do five-star hotels when travelling with his family - a neat nod to austerity in these austere times.
While the brief interview made interesting reading, all involved should be picked up on the poorly choreographed penultimate question, which focused on Brito's drinking habits.
What does Carlos Brito drink out of office hours? Come on, you don't need me to provide the answer, do you?
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends