Blog: 'No frills' Carlos Brito
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2010
Carlos Brito has revealed his taste for personal restraint in a rare interview.
Carlos Brito must be one of the least interviewed CEOs among the drinks industry's big hitters, so it was with intrigue that we read his comments to the Wall Street Journal at the weekend.
Brito was keen to portray his "no frills" lifestyle in the piece, which may seem strange for the head of a company that recently completed the most expensive takeover in brewing industry history.
Still, the 50-year-old Brazilian said that he does not do five-star hotels when travelling with his family - a neat nod to austerity in these austere times.
While the brief interview made interesting reading, all involved should be picked up on the poorly choreographed penultimate question, which focused on Brito's drinking habits.
What does Carlos Brito drink out of office hours? Come on, you don't need me to provide the answer, do you?
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends