Blog: No football does not a football-free just-drinks blog make
Olly Wehring | 28 June 2006
It’s the first day for over two weeks that we’re World Cup football-free, but not here at just-football, I mean, just-drinks.
The following announcements should help to calm withdrawal symptoms.
Germans are making a killing from football fans with a taste for beer - but no idea about the country’s deposit laws. Thousands of savvy Germans are collecting discarded glass and plastic bottles and aluminium cans and turning them into a healthy profit.
“Just today, I’ve made EUR80 (US$101),” Joseph Werwa, 72, told Associated Press this week as England and Sweden fans toasted their teams’ draw. “It is, simply, easy money.” Empty cans earn EUR0.15, while glass bottles are worth EUR0.08 to whoever returns them.
Meanwhile, those England fans among you who have found your national team’s performance as dull as I have, may like to see the matches repeated, courtesy of The Juice Doctor, by fruit. The grape’s injury two minutes into the game against Sweden, as well as the tall man up front (a banana, naturally) is pretty priceless.
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research