Blog: No comment - but do actions speak louder than words?
Olly Wehring | 27 July 2006
Regular just-drinks readers will have noticed us getting quite excited this week as speculation linking Pernod Ricard with a Tequila company refuses to go away.
The French giant is widely thought to be in the running - along with Bacardi and Brown-Forman - to buy Tequila Herradura in Mexico. Naturally - and rather tediously - all three companies, when contacted by just-drinks this week, have refused to comment on the rumours. Pernod’s spokesman said on Tuesday: “If it were true, we would not comment, if it were not true, we still would not comment.”
So, I’d been looking forward to today’s (27 July) Pernod press conference in London, which looked at the company’s full-year results - a bit of a dig, a little root around. And what did I get? This from managing director Pierre Pringuet: “Never deny, never confirm.” So, apologies, dear reader, but I tried my best.
I will let you in on one little nugget I picked up on, though.
Monsieur Pringuet, like the rest of France, is off on his summer holidays this coming weekend. And where is he going?
That’s right - Mexico.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research