Blog: No comment - but do actions speak louder than words?
Olly Wehring | 27 July 2006
Regular just-drinks readers will have noticed us getting quite excited this week as speculation linking Pernod Ricard with a Tequila company refuses to go away.
The French giant is widely thought to be in the running - along with Bacardi and Brown-Forman - to buy Tequila Herradura in Mexico. Naturally - and rather tediously - all three companies, when contacted by just-drinks this week, have refused to comment on the rumours. Pernod’s spokesman said on Tuesday: “If it were true, we would not comment, if it were not true, we still would not comment.”
So, I’d been looking forward to today’s (27 July) Pernod press conference in London, which looked at the company’s full-year results - a bit of a dig, a little root around. And what did I get? This from managing director Pierre Pringuet: “Never deny, never confirm.” So, apologies, dear reader, but I tried my best.
I will let you in on one little nugget I picked up on, though.
Monsieur Pringuet, like the rest of France, is off on his summer holidays this coming weekend. And where is he going?
That’s right - Mexico.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research