Blog: No chance of weather raining on Monster's parade
James Wilmore | 9 August 2013
Good to hear that not all companies blame the weather when they're having a rough time.
"We don't have weather in our vocabulary," said straight-talking Monster CEO Rodney Sacks yesterday (9 August), when being questioned by analysts following its disappointing first-half results yesterday (8 August).
"I think that weather does play a part in every beverage," he added. "But we really don't know what effect it has. We don't measure it... we generally tend to try and manage the business outside of the weather issues."
Certainly a refreshing response considering all the whingeing over weather we've been hearing recently from drinks firms.
Still, with the threat of regulation and legal action still hanging over the energy drinks group, no wonder Sacks is unconcerned about the odd spot of rain.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets