Blog: No chance of weather raining on Monster's parade
James Wilmore | 9 August 2013
Good to hear that not all companies blame the weather when they're having a rough time.
"We don't have weather in our vocabulary," said straight-talking Monster CEO Rodney Sacks yesterday (9 August), when being questioned by analysts following its disappointing first-half results yesterday (8 August).
"I think that weather does play a part in every beverage," he added. "But we really don't know what effect it has. We don't measure it... we generally tend to try and manage the business outside of the weather issues."
Certainly a refreshing response considering all the whingeing over weather we've been hearing recently from drinks firms.
Still, with the threat of regulation and legal action still hanging over the energy drinks group, no wonder Sacks is unconcerned about the odd spot of rain.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
Liquid Ice Energy has launched an orange variant of its energy drink. ...
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
Don't look now, but one of the most memorable and controversial trends in soft drinks from the 1980s and 1990s - clear soft drinks - is staging a comeback. And, some of the iconic clear soft drinks of...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research