Blog: Night on the beers
Chris Brook-Carter | 25 September 2003
There is still plenty of work to be done, particularly in the US, which group marketing director Mark Sherrington called the company's "first and probably second, third and fourth priority". And SABMiller has yet to successfully convince it can turn any one of Miller, Peroni or Urquell from "global potential" into world-beater to rival the likes of Heineken or Budweiser.
But on a local level, the group - particularly in emerging markets - continues to lead the way. This understanding of the emerging markets was demonstrated in an interesting case study on its Polish acquisition Tyskie, which it bought in 1997. In that time SABMiller has taken the brand from a local player in the South of Poland, with only a 10.6% share of the Polish market, to the largest beer brand in Central and Eastern Europe, with a growth of 24%.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends