Blog: Night on the beers
Chris Brook-Carter | 25 September 2003
There is still plenty of work to be done, particularly in the US, which group marketing director Mark Sherrington called the company's "first and probably second, third and fourth priority". And SABMiller has yet to successfully convince it can turn any one of Miller, Peroni or Urquell from "global potential" into world-beater to rival the likes of Heineken or Budweiser.
But on a local level, the group - particularly in emerging markets - continues to lead the way. This understanding of the emerging markets was demonstrated in an interesting case study on its Polish acquisition Tyskie, which it bought in 1997. In that time SABMiller has taken the brand from a local player in the South of Poland, with only a 10.6% share of the Polish market, to the largest beer brand in Central and Eastern Europe, with a growth of 24%.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends