Blog: New Coke - the movie
Andy Morton | 11 May 2015
Hot on the heels of Kidnapping Mr Heineken comes news of another explosive episode in beverage history set for the Hollywood treatment.
Last week, Deadline Hollywood reported that writers are to turn the New Coke débâcle into a script, with hopes of getting it up on the big screen. The script will be based on Thomas Oliver's book, The Real Coke, The Real Story, which charts the magnificent failure of The Coca-Cola Co's New Coke launch in the 1980s and its genesis out of the success of PepsiCo's Pepsi Challenge.
There's no word yet on who will play the lead characters (Kidnapping Mr Heineken, which details the abduction of Freddy Heineken, has Anthony Hopkins in the titular role), but the film will reportedly make the most of the 1980s period.
Expect giant shoulder pads and mobile phones the size of house bricks, then.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends