Blog: New Coke - the movie
Andy Morton | 11 May 2015
Hot on the heels of Kidnapping Mr Heineken comes news of another explosive episode in beverage history set for the Hollywood treatment.
Last week, Deadline Hollywood reported that writers are to turn the New Coke débâcle into a script, with hopes of getting it up on the big screen. The script will be based on Thomas Oliver's book, The Real Coke, The Real Story, which charts the magnificent failure of The Coca-Cola Co's New Coke launch in the 1980s and its genesis out of the success of PepsiCo's Pepsi Challenge.
There's no word yet on who will play the lead characters (Kidnapping Mr Heineken, which details the abduction of Freddy Heineken, has Anthony Hopkins in the titular role), but the film will reportedly make the most of the 1980s period.
Expect giant shoulder pads and mobile phones the size of house bricks, then.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends