Blog: My dry NY resolution - made it!
Olly Wehring | 31 January 2008
Well, here we are at the end of January. I flag this up, only to have the opportunity to boast of succeeding with my (only) New Year resolution.
One month off the sauce – dry. And I made it. But it wasn’t easy, believe me. A stag party around London town, the subsequent wedding, a cocktail party with Stolichnaya to celebrate Russian New Year and countless meet-ups with friends who think I’ve totally lost it and will have “just the one, Olly. Come on”.
But no, not me – I’m made of sterner stuff.
The only issue I have to struggle with now is, do I continue with this abstinent form of sado-masochism indefinitely? Or have I achieved what I set out to do?
I’m away for two days next week to Champagne with Mumm. I could either view this as the ultimate test… or the perfect opportunity to celebrate.
Your vote counts – that’s right. The choice is your’s…
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World