Blog: My dry NY resolution - made it!
Olly Wehring | 31 January 2008
Well, here we are at the end of January. I flag this up, only to have the opportunity to boast of succeeding with my (only) New Year resolution.
One month off the sauce – dry. And I made it. But it wasn’t easy, believe me. A stag party around London town, the subsequent wedding, a cocktail party with Stolichnaya to celebrate Russian New Year and countless meet-ups with friends who think I’ve totally lost it and will have “just the one, Olly. Come on”.
But no, not me – I’m made of sterner stuff.
The only issue I have to struggle with now is, do I continue with this abstinent form of sado-masochism indefinitely? Or have I achieved what I set out to do?
I’m away for two days next week to Champagne with Mumm. I could either view this as the ultimate test… or the perfect opportunity to celebrate.
Your vote counts – that’s right. The choice is your’s…
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- Will Craft Brewers be Tempted by Private Equity?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo unveils sixth Johnnie Walker House in Asia