Blog: My dry NY resolution - made it!
Olly Wehring | 31 January 2008
Well, here we are at the end of January. I flag this up, only to have the opportunity to boast of succeeding with my (only) New Year resolution.
One month off the sauce – dry. And I made it. But it wasn’t easy, believe me. A stag party around London town, the subsequent wedding, a cocktail party with Stolichnaya to celebrate Russian New Year and countless meet-ups with friends who think I’ve totally lost it and will have “just the one, Olly. Come on”.
But no, not me – I’m made of sterner stuff.
The only issue I have to struggle with now is, do I continue with this abstinent form of sado-masochism indefinitely? Or have I achieved what I set out to do?
I’m away for two days next week to Champagne with Mumm. I could either view this as the ultimate test… or the perfect opportunity to celebrate.
Your vote counts – that’s right. The choice is your’s…
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director